Blizzard of 2008

We gots snow this weekend!

hehehehehehe
At least to US it looks like snow. To all ya'll up yonder (that'd be all you north of the Mason-Dixon Line) it looks like dust, right?
The university dismissed early Friday afternoon in anticipation of the winter storm we were getting. It was already sleeting when we left. I hate sleet. It's yucky. By the time I got home it was coooold. Quit sleeting sometime around 7pm and the ground was mostly just mush. BUT...woke up Sunday to this...

No, that isn't a photoshopped image. It's what happens when Spring tries to come early and Winter sticks it's tongue out at it. lol Just last week the daffodils were enjoying themselves in the mild temps and light rains.

Imagine their dissappointment at evil Winter's abuse. Poor babies shivering in the cold cruel snow.Of course, the Devil Pup, having never before seen snow, had a ball in it. She had to christen it a few times, always in the whitest prettiest spot. I wonder if she was sending Winter a message...

By around 10am, though, the snow was gone save for a few traces here and there. I think the tiny snowman Emmy built at the folks' house lasted until around 1 or 1:30. But it warmed up, the snow melted away and we had nice enough (albeit still a mite chilly) for the girls to do an early Easter egg hunt!

But not so fast...those pictures are for tomorrow!

See ya'll later!




Comments

Heather said…
HA! I'm just glad it wasn't US getting dumped on for a change. I'd have cried with even half the amount of snow Madison, OH received over the weekend (28 inches!) We didn't have rain OR snow here for a change, but I don't think we've seen the last of the winter weather. I'm betting we get one more good one before it's over. *whimper*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today