Jana In Real Life

Finally got around to watching my latest Netflix pick, Dan In Real Life. It was cute but nothing like I'd thought it would be. I alternately laughed out loud and felt achingly sad for Dan. Then I wanted to smack him for being so dumb. lol It musta been good if it inspired that much of a reaction from me.

You know, there are parts in there, though, where I couldn't help but think, "Oh my gosh, I know how he feels!" Feeling left out, bereft and unloved. Relegated to least favored child/sibling/person. Being disappointed because something you were excited about turned out to be nothing you expected. I could have written a movie on that! It wouldn't have been as funny, I'm sure.

I didn't used to like Steve Carelle (or however it's spelled) all that much. I thought he was annoying. Not quite Jim Carey annoying but almost. But you know, he's a darn good actor. I mean, I felt the pain his face expressed. His body language was spot on and some of the best parts of the movie were when his body language did all the talking.

In other news, I got three new books last night. Yay! I splurged on some non-Harlequin novels from Amazon. Two Wendy Markham's and a Whitney Gaskell. I started the Whitney Gaskell, She, Myself, and I last night and so far so good. It's a novel about three sisters. I tend to be drawn to those types of stories because, you know, I've got the whole "three sisters" thing going on in my life.

I think that's why Melissa Senate's The Soloman Sisters Wise Up has always been my absolute favorite of her novels. Something about the dynamic of sisters fascinates me. The whole love/hate best friend/worst enemy thing. Because, you know, I love my sisters. They're my absolute best friends--but, (you knew there was a but) they can drive me crazy faster than anyone in the world, other than my mother. lol They (like Mama) know all the right buttons to push when they want to piss me off and most of the time the exact right things to make me feel better. I have noticed, however, that since they married they're both a little more self-involved than they used to be. I mean, Sis1 has always been a bit self-involved (and selfish) but it's gotten worse in recent years. And Sis2, well, lately its all about her. All the time. I start talking about something in MY Life (such as it is) and suddenly she's got to go. And maybe I've changed, too. I've been lonely for so long that I no longer know how to act around the people I used to spend all my time with. *shrugs*

Anyway, enough about that...

Poor Devil Pup. She got drenched this morning. It was raining buckets when I got up. By the time I'd showered and threw some clothes on, it had let up enough that I thought the Libster might go out and do her business. She took too long trying to find the right spot, though, 'cause she got drenched. Little stinker comes running over to me and starts trying to get under the umbrella. Tried to dry her face off on my pants, too. She just kept looking at me like I was the most ebilist Mama in the whole world for making her stand out there shivering in the rain.

So I let her hustle her soggy butt back into the house where she dried herself off on me, the couch, the recliner--pretty much everywhere but the towel I got out for her. *shakes head*

And that's me, ya'll. Well, what I can share here. The other stuff on my mind is work stuff and I don't feel good leaving that here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today