Middle of the Week Blahs

So after yesterday's exciting news with it's really amazing high, you knew I'd crash eventually. Not in a bad way, just the usual way when the high wears off. Not the kind of high brought on by drugs but, you know, a natural high.

Anyway, you know what I mean.

I'm still excited about the impending move even though I know it's going to be hectic for all of us for the next little while and a huge adjustment for everyone. For us, it'll be a great adjustment. For Goofus I think it's going to be a little harder. He's leaving his hometown this time and the home he built with his dad before his dad died. It's a little emotional for him even though this is something he wants and knows is good for him. Often times the things that are the best for us are the hardest to swallow. We all know that.

But I'm excited. Trying to be cautious, though. If I'm not careful I'll have this whole big wonderful picture in my head of how great it's going to be having them here and then I'll inevitably get bitten in the butt when reality hits. Nothing is ever as lovely as we picture it. Or at least that's been my experience.

In other news, I don't like the new receptionist at my veterinarian's office. I went by yesterday afternoon after work to pick up some more heartworm meds for Libby. Normally this isn't a big deal. The usual receptionist was friendly and helpful and efficient. This new girl...uh, not so much. When I walked in, I smiled and said hello. She barely looked up. I went to the counter and told her what I needed. She answered the phone. So I waited until she was done (she has to answer it--it's part of her job. I get this.) She hangs up and goes back to her work. I'm still standing there. She looks up after a second and says, "I'm working on this right now. I'll get to you when I'm done."

Jana not happy. It takes all of two friggen minutes to pull Libby's file, get the meds from the shelf and take my money. Yes, I realize she has to enter those new charts in their system but it's not like it has to be done before the clients leave. And besides, they're still sitting in the waiting room waiting for the vet to see them. She's got two stinkin' minutes to get up and get some heartworm meds.

But meek little ol' me, I go sit and wait. Probably takes five or six minutes and she peeks over the counter and says, "May I help you?" like I hadn't already told her what I needed. So I get back up, repeat my request and she stares at me blankly for a moment before she turns back to her computer and asks for my name so she can pull my file. Then she took FOREVER to actually pull the file and then retrieve the meds. THEN when I hand her the money for it (It cost $72 and I hand her $80) she hands me the meds and the receipt and goes back to her work. I had to ASK her for my change! And she just looks at me for a brief second, annoyance on her face and says, "I. Am. So. Sorry." as she pulls open the cash drawer and counts out my change.

*sigh*

I wonder if it would do any good to complain. I know she must be fairly new since she wasn't there when I took Libby in back in January but even new people should have SOME idea how to do their jobs and be nice about it. And I love the vet and the other folks that work there. Maybe she'll decide she doesn't like animals and quit. I can always pray, right? hehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today