So Much For Happily Ever After

Being a devoted romance novel reader, I'm a big fan of happily ever afters. I was sorely disappointed at watching the third installment of the Cutting Edge trilogy. I'd seen the first two (the major motion picture and the ABC Family sequel that came out a year or so ago) and enjoyed them both. Of course I had to watch the third one.

Well, don't worry, it has it's happily ever after. (Bit of a spoiler here so stop reading if you haven't seen it yet but plan to.) It merely kills the belief that the couple in the second one had theirs. They got DIVORCED. Where the hell does divorce fit in with the concept of happily ever after? I sort of get why they probably wrote it in that way (Jackie was going to be the new pair's coach and I guess they needed an explanation of why what's his face (her fella) wasn't around.) but it just killed. Totally spoiled the entire movie for me. Well, that and the fact that the movie was kinda lame anyway. All the toe-pick gags were only funny in the original Cutting Edge.

Anyway, lame HEA killing movies aside, the weekend was pretty--well, it was okay but kinda gross. When I got home from the folks house last night there was another dead mouse in the driveway that I had to dispose of. Just why is it that dogs can find the grossest things in the yard without even trying. I mean, we literally got out of the car and Libby went right up to it. Fortunately I snagged her away from it before she could do anything gross like lick it, chew it or roll on it. (Dogs, while sweet, are entirely gross when it comes to yucky dead things. What's up with THAT?)

Other than gross dead things and lame HEA killing movies the weekend was okay. I vegged all day Saturday. Well, sorta. I'd bought a new album for my tons of pictures (a 500 pocket one. SCORE!) and worked on that for a while. It held about half of the photos I've had stored in a drawer since June. It held (and I'm not joking) photos taken from late May to August of 2007. A 500 pocket album held a little over three months of photographs. LOL Of course, we must take into consideration that it was during that time that Lyssa was born. Babies always require a lot more pictures than I'd normally take.

I'll have to buy at least two more of those 500 pocket albums to finish up, though. I've got at least that many left to album and I just ordered nearly 300 from Wal-Mart the other day. hehehehehe

But yeah, photos, laundry and dish washing was about the extent of my Saturday activities. Oh, I did watch the last 15-20 minutes of the SEC basketball playoffs. The clash of the bulldogs in which the Georgia Bulldogs beat the Mississippi State Bulldogs by about four points in the last five minutes. Gag me. This is AFTER MSU survived the tornado that ripped up the Georgia-dome during their game agains Alabama. So disappointing.

Yesterday was just the Sunday usual. Church and then the folks' house. Mama cooked a big lunch and brownies for dessert. Yum. We watched a couple of movies. The usual.

And that's the extent of my so called life from the past couple of days. Ain't it grand?

hehehehehe

Comments

Heather said…
I'm glad someone had a better weekend than I did. My throat is sore from coughing for an entire week. Being sick majorly SUCKS! I pretty much spent the weekend catching up on movies (TCM had an excellent line-up yesterday) and watching the UW Badgers kick butt in basketball. Our boys are Big Ten Champs and a #3 seed team heading into the playoffs.

As for The Cutting Edge...I loved the original movie and did watch that again Saturday, but did not like the second when it was out a year ago so skipped it and the third. I thought about watching Ice Castles Sat. night as it's been years since I last saw it, but ended up reading instead.
Anonymous said…
Wait, wait, wait!! They got DIVORCED?! I'm sorry, who told them they could do that? I never gave the writers permission to divorce them. HUH. How rude. That seriously annoys me. Why can't they leave the storys alone for pete's sake!!! I hate it when stupid writers wreck perfectly good stories for a bad sequel.

Now I'm all huffy and need to go get some chocolate.

Hope your day is better!

Sara
Jana said…
Heather~Hope you feel better, hon. And glad YOUR team is doing so well. Somebody's has too since ours is out. *pout*

Sara~That's exactly how I felt. Sorry I made you huffy. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today