What's In the Bag?

A couple of weeks ago, I told ya'll that I had a cute story on Libby--complete with pictures. Then my great-gma died and I just forgot about it. Looking through the pictures I recently uploaded, I remembered what it was, so here it is. It's probably more of a "had to be there" thing but I think everything she does is brilliant, cute and worth talking about. So what do I care? hehehe

Apparently, she learned early that good things come in those crinkling plastic bags that Mama periodically brings home. Never fails that whenever I return from grocery shopping, when I drop the bags onto the kitchen floor she goes straight for 'em. Starts nosing around in them, pulling stuff out, etc. I have to clip her leash on her and MAKE her go do her business outside. She runs out there, immediately drops to pee and then beelines it back the house where she runs straight back to the those bags. This from a dog who normally takes 20 minutes to find the exact right spot to water. hehehe




























I, goofball that I am, have made a game of it. To keep her from nosing around too much and getting ahold of something I don't want her to have, I take each bag and as I pull an item from it I tell her what it is (gameshow style) and hold it where she can see it. She grins, jumps up to touch it and waits while I put it away for me to show her what's next out of the bag. If anyone were to come in while we did this, they'd likely think I'm nuts. But--I AM nuts, so they wouldn't be wrong! hehehe

Once all the groceries have been fawned over and put away, she celebrates by tossing around the empty bags while I chase her to put them away, too. It's all fun and games on grocery day, let me tell you. ;-)

See? I toldja. One of those "had to be there" things. hehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today