Shopped Till I Dropped

After a seven week absence, Sis1 and Emmy (and BIL) decided to finally come back to MS for a visit. They hadn't been home since about two weeks before Easter so they were LONG overdue.
I skipped out on Friday night supper and opted instead to enjoy a frozen pizza and Ghost Whisperer from the comfort of own couch. The folks' house was going to be full anyway with both my sisters' families and love 'em and all but my nerves can't take too much, yanno.

Emmy dressed for fishing.

But Saturday, Sis2 left Lyssa with Mama and Emmy went fishing and palling around with Daddy (the BIL's spent time with their respective parental units) so us sisters had us a girl's day. We didn't hook up until around 11:30 or so, though, because the sisters are slow movin' turtles. Me, I'd been up since 6:30, went to town and bought groceries and STILL had time to come home and wait for them. It was all good, though, cause we went to lunch first. I hadn't been to Applebee's in an age so we went there.


I'm just going to tell you upfront. I ate. I had the house sirloin topped with shrimp and parm, a side of garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. I even ate dessert. A chocolate mousse shooter. It was all completely delish. Of course, it came back to haunt me later on that night but I'm getting ahead of myself.


We chatted a good bit. Well, the sisters chatted. I inserted whitty commentary whenever I could because I could hardly fit a word in edgewise. Besides, they were chatting about MIL's and I don't have one so didn't really have anything to contribute--thank the good Lord! lol


After lunch we headed out shopping. Well, we dropped off some stuff to a local thrift store and then did a drive-by of Sis2's new duplex. (the move in sometime this week or on the weekend--we hope. Until then, they're livin' with my folks. Bless their hearts! lol) It's a nice little place. Quiet-ish neighborhood. Clean. I'd almost want to live there. Almost.


Anyway we did shop. We went to Payless twice and I bought $35 worth of shoes (heels and flip flops!), went to Cato and I got a new skirt and blouse in a springy green and yellow. Went to JC Penny's and I bought nothing. Bought nothing at Peebles, too. I even managed to buy nothing at Wal-Mart. Of course, I had been there earlier to grocery shop. hehehe We were basically shopping for Sis2 and outfit to wear to her interview. (She's got a job interview this morning.) I spent a good amount of time putting her some outfits together, she bought one of the tops I picked out and then didn't even wear it this morning! *sigh* lol


We were all pooped out by the time we went home. I ended up going out to the folks' house to spend the night. I didn't have to sleep on the couch, like I'd thought. Mama did, bless her heart. It was a good thing I had a room to myself, too, because like I said earlier, my lunch came back to haunt me. Or maybe it was the catfish we had for supper. But it tasted like lunch. I had one of the worst acid reflux attacks that I've had in a while. It woke me out of a dead sleep, I had the shakes, the acid burn in my throat as well as other unmentionable ailments. It was awful. Thank the Lord for Zantac! And all I can do when these things hit is just drink water and walk it off while waiting for the Zantac to kick in. So I was pacing my room, my feet and legs tired from all the shopping, and finally just gave out. I think I got to go back to sleep somewhere around 1am.


Sunday morning brought rain. I was so exhausted that I tried to nap after breakfast but to no avail. Between Libby waking me up and BIL coming into the room to get his clothes and junk I may have gotten like fifteen minutes--if that! Needless to say, Sunday was a misery. Sort of. I was exhausted but we still had a good visit. Sis1's crew left around 4 and I left around 5. I had to drive home in a torrential downpour. Which was fine. I didn't mind driving in the rain. But those stinkin' county roads are so full of potholes I almost hydroplaned several times. Nightmare.

Alyssa and Emmy in their matching dresses.

Anyway, yesterday was busy with a deadline which I actually need to get back to this morning. I've been pulled off to do other things so I thought I grab a sec to come leave a post and a couple of pics. So I guess it's back the grindstone. *sigh*

Comments

Heather said…
Sounds like a busy weekend. The girls look cute in their matching dresses. Are they homemade?
Jana said…
Nah, not homemade. They got them at Peebles back in March. Supposed to have been their Easter dresses but Emmy didn't get to come for Easter so they waited until this weekend.
Anonymous said…
Sorry about the reflux. I hope that it gets better for you. Those nieces of yours are adorable. Loved those dresses on them.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today