This, That, and the Other
I got antsy and bored last night so I started a project I'd been contemplating doing for some time. I've collected numerous wedding invites, newspaper clippings, etc that I'd intended to do a scrapbook with. You know, just a random, "This is your life" sort of scrapbook. I'd designated an old gift bag to hold all the items I'd collected so last night I dragged it out and sorted it. My dining room table looks like a paper factory threw up on it! lol I, of course, don't have the actual scrapbook to put it all in yet so I've just spent some time organizing it into categories. Wedding invites/clippings; thank you notes, special occasion souvenirs (concerts, trips, etc), Alyssa baby shower items, Emmy baby shower items (yes, I've been saving this stuff THAT long. LOL), graduation things, school certificates--you know, all the keepsakey paper items that sentimental people tend to hang on to. ;)
I'm trying to map it all out in my head--what I want the scrapbook to look like, if I want to include any pictures from the events, and if so, which ones. You know, that sort of thing. I figure, once I buy the scrapbook materials this project should keep me busy for a little while. It won't make the Devil Pup all that happy, I'm sure, but it'll keep me from getting the boredom munchies and perhaps provide something a little less brain mushing than five hours spent in front of the boob tube.
Speaking of the Devil Pup, though, to retaliate for my inattentiveness last night, she used the opportunity to thieve. She stole my shoes, some mail I'd tossed onto a chair, anything that fluttered to the floor from the table. At one point she tried to steal my toes! She's such a little monkey. So yeah, part of the time I was organizing was spent chasing her down to retrieve one item or another. And when I'd scold her, she'd blink up at me with those big brown eyes all innocent. Ha! Like I can't see through THAT! hehehehehe
We did finally settle down on the couch to watch the newest episode of Ghost Hunters. I still love the show, but I swear--SciFi spoils the best parts by showing them in the previews! Leaves nothing for the element of surprise. Like last week (I think it was last week) one of the pieces of video evidence they collected (a pretty impressive piece, to my eye anyhow) was a picture frame that moved. Well, they showed it in the previews all week and then again just before the show started so that when they actually got to that part of the show, I already knew what the "fantastic piece of evidence" was. Takes all the spook out of it. *pout*
Another thing SciFi is doing this season that I don't like is that they aren't showing the opening credits to the show. Half the fun of watching the show (to me) was the opening credit. I know I'm a total nerd, but I like the opening credit music. Set's the stage, yanno?
I'm counting the days until Jennifer Weiner's latest novel is released. I think it's the 8th of this month. I can't wait. Certain Girls is a follow up to her first novel, Good In Bed which was one of the first novels that turned me on to chick lit (and no I don't view that label negatively.) Forget Bridget Jones' Diary (which I've never read. Saw both movies, though.), I fell in love with the genre through Jennifer Weiner, Melissa Senate, Sarah Mlynowski and Lynda Curnyn (who hasn't released anything in a few years. *pout*) And to be a little close minded, I tend to stick with those few authors because I know I'm guaranteed an awesome read when I pick their books up.
I really dislike the new direction Red Dress Ink has taken. I miss the "old days" and some of their original authors who they've apparently abandoned, like Lindsay Faith Rech. Granted, it could just be that she hasn't written anything since 2004's Joyride which in itself, would be a complete shame. But I know of at least one author who'd previously published two books and was under contract for another was told that the line was "going in a different direction" and submissions were no longer needed from her. Or something like that, anyway.
I'm just really thankful that for now, at least, they're still publishing Melissa Senate and Sarah Mlynowski.
But back to Certain Girls (I seem to be rambling today.) I've got a lovely little B&N gift card that a wonderful friend gave me for Christmas that I've been saving just for it. Thankfully, we have a B&N locally (on campus) and I HOPE they stock it when it's released. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can order it on-line--which means I'll have to wait. :( Guess I should have pre-ordered it from them, huh? There was/is some logic behind not doing so. The gift card is about $5 short of the purchase price but I knew I'd have birthday money by then. If I buy in the STORE I can use some birthday money to finish it out. If I order it on line I have to use a credit card to finish it out. Which isn't a completely big deal but since I'm trying to limit my credit card usage, I'm thinking I'd rather use the cash I have in hand. PLUS (and I just remembered this) I get a little bit of a discount at the store because I'm University staff! (I knew there had to be SOMTHING good about working here! hehehe)
Yeah, I'm nuts.
I'm also going this afternoon to get a haircut. I'm thinking I'm going to get something entirely different. Maybe go shorter or something. I haven't decided. I don't want to go too short b/c the last time I went that route I looked like a boy but I want something fresh. New. Trendy but cute. Guess we shall see. If things go well, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Anyway, as I'm sitting here typing, I'm steadily hearing flower petals fall to their death. My best work friend gave me flowers for my birthday and they still look great, but apparently they're dying. Guess I better go clean up that mess.
BTW, in case you're wondering, I do feel a lot better. Partially because the "funk" dissipated and partially because the binge I went on last week didn't cause any weight gain. *vbg*
I'm trying to map it all out in my head--what I want the scrapbook to look like, if I want to include any pictures from the events, and if so, which ones. You know, that sort of thing. I figure, once I buy the scrapbook materials this project should keep me busy for a little while. It won't make the Devil Pup all that happy, I'm sure, but it'll keep me from getting the boredom munchies and perhaps provide something a little less brain mushing than five hours spent in front of the boob tube.
Speaking of the Devil Pup, though, to retaliate for my inattentiveness last night, she used the opportunity to thieve. She stole my shoes, some mail I'd tossed onto a chair, anything that fluttered to the floor from the table. At one point she tried to steal my toes! She's such a little monkey. So yeah, part of the time I was organizing was spent chasing her down to retrieve one item or another. And when I'd scold her, she'd blink up at me with those big brown eyes all innocent. Ha! Like I can't see through THAT! hehehehehe
We did finally settle down on the couch to watch the newest episode of Ghost Hunters. I still love the show, but I swear--SciFi spoils the best parts by showing them in the previews! Leaves nothing for the element of surprise. Like last week (I think it was last week) one of the pieces of video evidence they collected (a pretty impressive piece, to my eye anyhow) was a picture frame that moved. Well, they showed it in the previews all week and then again just before the show started so that when they actually got to that part of the show, I already knew what the "fantastic piece of evidence" was. Takes all the spook out of it. *pout*
Another thing SciFi is doing this season that I don't like is that they aren't showing the opening credits to the show. Half the fun of watching the show (to me) was the opening credit. I know I'm a total nerd, but I like the opening credit music. Set's the stage, yanno?
I'm counting the days until Jennifer Weiner's latest novel is released. I think it's the 8th of this month. I can't wait. Certain Girls is a follow up to her first novel, Good In Bed which was one of the first novels that turned me on to chick lit (and no I don't view that label negatively.) Forget Bridget Jones' Diary (which I've never read. Saw both movies, though.), I fell in love with the genre through Jennifer Weiner, Melissa Senate, Sarah Mlynowski and Lynda Curnyn (who hasn't released anything in a few years. *pout*) And to be a little close minded, I tend to stick with those few authors because I know I'm guaranteed an awesome read when I pick their books up.
I really dislike the new direction Red Dress Ink has taken. I miss the "old days" and some of their original authors who they've apparently abandoned, like Lindsay Faith Rech. Granted, it could just be that she hasn't written anything since 2004's Joyride which in itself, would be a complete shame. But I know of at least one author who'd previously published two books and was under contract for another was told that the line was "going in a different direction" and submissions were no longer needed from her. Or something like that, anyway.
I'm just really thankful that for now, at least, they're still publishing Melissa Senate and Sarah Mlynowski.
But back to Certain Girls (I seem to be rambling today.) I've got a lovely little B&N gift card that a wonderful friend gave me for Christmas that I've been saving just for it. Thankfully, we have a B&N locally (on campus) and I HOPE they stock it when it's released. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can order it on-line--which means I'll have to wait. :( Guess I should have pre-ordered it from them, huh? There was/is some logic behind not doing so. The gift card is about $5 short of the purchase price but I knew I'd have birthday money by then. If I buy in the STORE I can use some birthday money to finish it out. If I order it on line I have to use a credit card to finish it out. Which isn't a completely big deal but since I'm trying to limit my credit card usage, I'm thinking I'd rather use the cash I have in hand. PLUS (and I just remembered this) I get a little bit of a discount at the store because I'm University staff! (I knew there had to be SOMTHING good about working here! hehehe)
Yeah, I'm nuts.
I'm also going this afternoon to get a haircut. I'm thinking I'm going to get something entirely different. Maybe go shorter or something. I haven't decided. I don't want to go too short b/c the last time I went that route I looked like a boy but I want something fresh. New. Trendy but cute. Guess we shall see. If things go well, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Anyway, as I'm sitting here typing, I'm steadily hearing flower petals fall to their death. My best work friend gave me flowers for my birthday and they still look great, but apparently they're dying. Guess I better go clean up that mess.
BTW, in case you're wondering, I do feel a lot better. Partially because the "funk" dissipated and partially because the binge I went on last week didn't cause any weight gain. *vbg*
Comments
And isn't it amazing how good a new haircut can make you feel? Hope you enjoy your new do!
And I think I love my new do. i've got bangs! I haven't had bangs in YEARS. lol