Tuesday Randomness Part II
I started re-reading Jennifer Weiner's Good In Bed last night in anticipation of her newest release (today!) of Certain Girls. It's a sequel to Good In Bed and since it's been a few years since I read GIB, I thought I might need to reacquaint myself with it so that I won't be lost when reading Certain Girls. Smart, no?
I'd forgotten how much I loved GIB--how much I identified with it. In case you're unfamiliar, Cannie Shapiro is a "big girl" who's just broken up with her boyfriend of three years who in turns writes an article about "Loving a Larger Woman." Chaos ensues. Or something similar. Cannie reflects on her life (the father who verbally abused her, mostly) and it's amazing how similar a lot of her thoughts and feelings are to mine. Scary, actually. Anyway, besides the deeper issues of being a "big girl" it's funny, sweet and a little sexy at times. I'm halfway through it and hope to finish it tonight so that if/when I purchase Certain Girls I'll be ready to dive in. That is, if the Devil Pup cooperates. Last night she kept interrupting me for kisses. Or to, you know, stand on my chest and breath in my face.
Speaking of the DP, though, we had a moment last night when I decided to trust her k-9 instincts. Granted, she's a jumpy little pup but when she's uneasy outside, it makes me uneasy. I used to make her stay outside until she did her "business" when she'd get in those uneasy modes. But last night, I don't know. I just had this really creep weird feeling. Kept hearing things though I couldn't see anything. She kept staring off in one direction and wouldn't really walk around the yard like she normally does. So for once, when she headed toward the door, I followed. It really scared me. I don't know why. I think it's time to invest in a security light outside. I don't know. It bugs me, too, because I've lived there for years and it never bothered me living so far out by myself. But in the past year or so I just don't feel safe all the time. I thought it was paranoia but I don't get those creepy vibes all the time. Just every once in a while. So I don't know what to do.
One problem with my new haircut. I've discovered that one of my gray hairs is in the new bangs and it shines very nicely. Not good. *sigh* I've tried tucking it, pulling it back, nothing works. It just hangs there on my forehead like a little silver/white flag announcing that I'm not a kid anymore. Which would be okay if it didn't also say that I'm getting old and gray. Not that there's anything wrong with getting old. I hope to grow old gracefully. But does it have to bring shiny hair with it?
I'm sick of people. I want to just run away for awhile. People in my business, people in my face. People trying to make me feel inferior. People taking advantage of me. I'm just sick of it all. I miss my old friends who I used to work with. I could talk to them about anything and they talked to me like I mattered to them. They let me be silly without making me feel stupid. Now I feel like the ugly step-sister. I hate feeling like the ugly step-sister.
Well, let me leave before a pity party starts. It's time for lunch anyway. Hopefully something yummy.
I'd forgotten how much I loved GIB--how much I identified with it. In case you're unfamiliar, Cannie Shapiro is a "big girl" who's just broken up with her boyfriend of three years who in turns writes an article about "Loving a Larger Woman." Chaos ensues. Or something similar. Cannie reflects on her life (the father who verbally abused her, mostly) and it's amazing how similar a lot of her thoughts and feelings are to mine. Scary, actually. Anyway, besides the deeper issues of being a "big girl" it's funny, sweet and a little sexy at times. I'm halfway through it and hope to finish it tonight so that if/when I purchase Certain Girls I'll be ready to dive in. That is, if the Devil Pup cooperates. Last night she kept interrupting me for kisses. Or to, you know, stand on my chest and breath in my face.
Speaking of the DP, though, we had a moment last night when I decided to trust her k-9 instincts. Granted, she's a jumpy little pup but when she's uneasy outside, it makes me uneasy. I used to make her stay outside until she did her "business" when she'd get in those uneasy modes. But last night, I don't know. I just had this really creep weird feeling. Kept hearing things though I couldn't see anything. She kept staring off in one direction and wouldn't really walk around the yard like she normally does. So for once, when she headed toward the door, I followed. It really scared me. I don't know why. I think it's time to invest in a security light outside. I don't know. It bugs me, too, because I've lived there for years and it never bothered me living so far out by myself. But in the past year or so I just don't feel safe all the time. I thought it was paranoia but I don't get those creepy vibes all the time. Just every once in a while. So I don't know what to do.
One problem with my new haircut. I've discovered that one of my gray hairs is in the new bangs and it shines very nicely. Not good. *sigh* I've tried tucking it, pulling it back, nothing works. It just hangs there on my forehead like a little silver/white flag announcing that I'm not a kid anymore. Which would be okay if it didn't also say that I'm getting old and gray. Not that there's anything wrong with getting old. I hope to grow old gracefully. But does it have to bring shiny hair with it?
I'm sick of people. I want to just run away for awhile. People in my business, people in my face. People trying to make me feel inferior. People taking advantage of me. I'm just sick of it all. I miss my old friends who I used to work with. I could talk to them about anything and they talked to me like I mattered to them. They let me be silly without making me feel stupid. Now I feel like the ugly step-sister. I hate feeling like the ugly step-sister.
Well, let me leave before a pity party starts. It's time for lunch anyway. Hopefully something yummy.
Comments