Tuesday Randomness
Anyway, for lack of anything interesting to say, I thought I'd share some random subjects, thoughts, etc. with ya'll.
~~
Last night as I was flipping channels I came across one of my favorite old movies. Well, it's an old movie, now since it was made in the 80's. Lean on Me starring the much loved Morgan Freeman. (He's much loved by me. I'm assuming everyone else in the world feels the same as I do. If you don't, WTCrap is up with that? The man's a friggen genius!) I'd actually forgotten all about that movie. You know, over the years there have been plenty of those "this extraordinary person saved this awful inner city gang ridden school" movies. Dangerous Minds come to mind. But I gotta say, Lean on Me has 'em all beat. Yeah, Mr. Clark is a mean SOB a lot of the time but he does it out of love for the students and in the end, they're all that matter.
Anyway, watching this movie reminded me of a former principal that we had at good ol' West Clay High. Not because this principal was so great and turned the school around, brought our test scores up or got rid of all the trouble makers. No, none of that. But this principal came to our school my Sophomore year and openly admitted that he modeled himself after Mr. Clark from the movie. We didn't have a school song so he wrote us one. (True to thee, we will be, West Clay High) Made us learn it. We did so because we thought it was funny, not because we respected or feared this principal. He tried making great speeches about how he was going to save our school from ourselves and blah, blah, blah and we giggled behind our hands because we knew this principal was full of hot air. Who did he think he was, modeling himself after a movie character and thinking he could save anyone from anything? In the end, he only stayed two years and the only thing he'd changed was that we had a new school song.
~~
TMI ALERT: The following paragraph contains girly rants on bras. Please skip if this makes you uncomfortable. hehehehe
I'm wearing a new bra today and I gotta say, I'm not loving it. It fits, I guess, but most of the cup is sheer lace and it itches like the devil. Had I known that it would itch so bad, I wouldn't have ordered it. Which leads me to a little rant. I have to order my bras from the Just My Size website because stores don't think that big gals have little cup sizes so they don't carry my size. Irritates the crap outta me. Yes, you CAN have a band size of 46 and only be a B cup. Not all big chicks are stacked, thankyouverymuch. (Wish I were, though. It might take some of the attention off of the size of my butt!)
~~
I hate all those forwarded "It's friendship/sisters/whatever week" emails. I get a slew of them at least two weeks out of every month from every female relative who has my email addy. I very rarely send them back/forward them. Not because I don't love my friends/sisters/whatever but because if they annoy me, chances are, they'll annoy my friends/sisters/whatever, too.
I especially loathe those vile "You'll die if you don't forward this to ten people within five minutes of reading this email" forwards. I'm not going to die until God says I am and I doubt very seriously that He'd take me just because I didn't forward some idiotic email. If He does, then so be it. I'd rather be with Him anyway.
And you'd be surprised to hear that I particularly loathe those "If you love Jesus, send this to everyone in your address book because if you're ashamed of Him, He'll be ashamed of you" forwards. They make me spittin mad, which is actually the exact opposite of their intended purpose, I'm sure. I don't have to PROVE anything to anyone and if I did, I wouldn't do it by sending some stupid mass forwarded email that shows up in my inbox every other week from twenty different people. I'm NOT ashamed of Jesus at all. Anyone I'd forward that to already knows that I'm a great big whopping fan of Jesus. If they don't, they've not been paying attention to me at all. And if that's the case, I sure as shoot ain't gonna be all self-righteousy by sending a mass email to all my friends demanding that they prove their allegiance to Jesus by forwarding an email. I prove my allegiance by living in His word the best I can and respecting others to live in His word the way they choose. Yeah, I may fail a LOT but forwarding annoying emails isn't going to redeem me. And Jesus knows I'm not ashamed of Him, in the least. I'm ashamed of MYSELF many times, but never Jesus.
~~
Oops, I got up on a soapbox, didn't I? If you're a friend that has sent me any of those emails recently or in the past, I'm not mad at you for sending them, okay? I'd just love to kick the mess out of whoever started them in the first place!
~~
You'll be happy to note that I now have the chorus to the song Lean on Me stuck in my head. *sigh*
Comments
As for Morgan Freeman, he's the best! We had a new water heater put in last year and the guy who did it looked exactly like Morgan, but a few years younger. I didn't want to let him leave!!
Aunt B
He didn't care what color you were or whether you were rich or poor, McPike treated everyone the same: with respect and firmness. He didn't take crap from anyone and pushed people to excel. He shaped and changed a lot of peoples' lives in this city, and his presence will definitely be missed.
His life could have taken him down a completely different path, had he not suffered a knee injury while playing for the 49ers. Instead of a career on the football field, his path led him through the halls of education, where he certainly touched many more lives. Your principal may not have been a "Mr. Clark," but mine certainly was.
BTW, those forwards annoy me to no end as well. Most the time I don't even open them.
And thanks ~ now I have that song stuck in my head!