Crack Head
No, I'm not resorting to recreational drugs. I literally cracked my head last night. At least it felt cracked. It's really just a perty little goose egg on the center of my forehead. And actually, it's not even really all that noticeable...until I forget about it and go to rub my head or, as happened last night when I went to bed, throw my arm over my eyes and smack the devil out of the bruise.
*sigh*
I blame the devil pup. If she hadn't crawled under the table to chew whatever it was she was chewing, I wouldn't have smacked my head on the corner of back of that dining chair.
LOL
Gosh, I felt so stupid though. I mean, honestly, did I think the chair was going to jump out of the way when I lunged for it? Or has my sense of depth perception really gotten that off cause I swear I thought I was nowhere near that chair when I rushed downwards to try and steal whatever it was she was chewing on during the brief second she spit it out.
Or course, she scored. While I was trying not to cry and gingerly scoping out the damage to see how bad it was (no, I wasn't bleeding. Yes, I did cry a little bit.) she snatched whatever it was and ran for the hills. Never mind that her mama was howling in pain.
I still don't know what it was she was chewing on. Whatever it was, it was crunchy and she must have swallowed it.
*shakes head*
In better news, my new landlord is having my butt ugly green carpets steam cleaned at the apartment today! Yay!!! And, he's sending his teenage daughter over later today to clean the filthy disgusting oven. I'd love to have a video camera to catch the expression on her face when she sees just how disgusting it is. I wouldn't doubt that her dear old dad gets a whiny phone call. LOL I mean, I'm nearly 30, have cleaned some pretty disgusting things in my life (dog vomit anyone?) and I refused to touch it. I'd rather change a runny diaper than touch that oven, that's how filthy it is. And not just filthy but (my favorite word) disgusting. I don't think the thing has been cleaned since 1982, that's how bad a shape it's in.
I can't imagine the kind of person who lived that way. I don't even want to THINK about it. Admittedly, keeping my oven at the house clean hasn't necessarily been a priority of mine, either, but I at least clean up spills as they happen and keep the drip pans under the stove eyes as clean as possible. Well, except for that one under the eye that I use the most and have scrubbed and SOS'd so much that it's nearly rusted through now. I'll have to replace that one, I'm sure. But you know, I at least make some effort. Whoever this woman was, she obviously didn't care what kind of slovenly mess she lived in. Or maybe she did and was just too tired to deal with it. Who knows? And who am I to judge. Housekeeper of the year, I ain't. lol
*sigh*
I blame the devil pup. If she hadn't crawled under the table to chew whatever it was she was chewing, I wouldn't have smacked my head on the corner of back of that dining chair.
LOL
Gosh, I felt so stupid though. I mean, honestly, did I think the chair was going to jump out of the way when I lunged for it? Or has my sense of depth perception really gotten that off cause I swear I thought I was nowhere near that chair when I rushed downwards to try and steal whatever it was she was chewing on during the brief second she spit it out.
Or course, she scored. While I was trying not to cry and gingerly scoping out the damage to see how bad it was (no, I wasn't bleeding. Yes, I did cry a little bit.) she snatched whatever it was and ran for the hills. Never mind that her mama was howling in pain.
I still don't know what it was she was chewing on. Whatever it was, it was crunchy and she must have swallowed it.
*shakes head*
In better news, my new landlord is having my butt ugly green carpets steam cleaned at the apartment today! Yay!!! And, he's sending his teenage daughter over later today to clean the filthy disgusting oven. I'd love to have a video camera to catch the expression on her face when she sees just how disgusting it is. I wouldn't doubt that her dear old dad gets a whiny phone call. LOL I mean, I'm nearly 30, have cleaned some pretty disgusting things in my life (dog vomit anyone?) and I refused to touch it. I'd rather change a runny diaper than touch that oven, that's how filthy it is. And not just filthy but (my favorite word) disgusting. I don't think the thing has been cleaned since 1982, that's how bad a shape it's in.
I can't imagine the kind of person who lived that way. I don't even want to THINK about it. Admittedly, keeping my oven at the house clean hasn't necessarily been a priority of mine, either, but I at least clean up spills as they happen and keep the drip pans under the stove eyes as clean as possible. Well, except for that one under the eye that I use the most and have scrubbed and SOS'd so much that it's nearly rusted through now. I'll have to replace that one, I'm sure. But you know, I at least make some effort. Whoever this woman was, she obviously didn't care what kind of slovenly mess she lived in. Or maybe she did and was just too tired to deal with it. Who knows? And who am I to judge. Housekeeper of the year, I ain't. lol
Comments
As for the disgusting kitchen...are you sure a guy didn't live there before you??