Tuesday Ramblings

So I'm going this afternoon to put an application in at a properties management office. The same one that owns the duplex's where my sister moved to. They're not fancy but they're nice, clean and Sis2 says the neighborhood is quiet. It's a little pricier than I'd like to pay for rent---especially since they charge an extra $20 a month for pets--but I think it'll be worth it. I know it will. I am not guaranteed an apartment right away but they said there is a possibility of an opening later this month. And if that doesn't pan out, they've got some coming available at the end of June. I'd rather move at the end of this month than in the heat of June but I'll take what I can get. And if this doesn't work out at all, I'll be okay with it. I KNOW there's a place for me. Someplace just right. I just have to be patient and keep the faith. I know in my heart that the Lord is telling me to move. If He's telling me to move, He's got the just right and perfect place prepared for me.

In other news, I'm going with my mother to her diabetic support group meeting tonight. I'm not diabetic but the topic they're covering tonight is how to handle depression. You all know I need some help with that from time to time. My mother and I have talked about it off and on for a while since she suffers from it at times, too. We've decided it's genetic, this depressive nature we both seem to have. She says my grandfather (her dad) has battled bouts of depression for as long as she can remember.

I tell you what, though, if they tell me all I need to do to pull myself out of it is to exercise and eat healthy, I may throw something. In case they don't know it, when you're depressed one of the very last things you can make yourself do is exercise. Depression often makes it hard to even get out of bed, much less throw on your sneakers and go for a walk. And I admit, exercise or at least an active lifestyle does tend to keep depression a little more at bay. Or when it does sneak up on me it isn't quite as bad. But it isn't a cure. It doesn't keep it totally away or make it go away. Sometimes I get depressed just thinking about exercise, how's that for ya? lol (and I'm only half joking, here.) I need to learn realistic coping methods. Something new I haven't heard. I'm hoping this meeting will be helpful.

One good thing about if I move to this new duplex community, it has great sidewalks and with Sis2 so close it's possible that maybe I could talk her into going for walks in the afternoons when we get off work. We could put Libby on her leash and Lyssa in the stroller and take them with us. If we played our cards right we could walk before Goofus got home from work. hehehehe

Of course, if I do move to that neighborhood and we get used to living so close together, I'll be devastated when they finally sell their house, buy/build a new one and move. I told her what she needs to do is build a big duplex when they build a new house and rent me the other half. That'd be perfect, right? hehehehehe I'm sure Goofus would just LOVE that. lol

I need to get writing for Drifters. I'm stalling the whole thread, just about. My two main characters are supposed to be getting married but I haven't exactly been in the write frame of mind. (and yes, "write" was intentional. lol) I'm starting to edge out of the panicky anxiety, though, so I need to get crackin' before the gals start coming after me with torches. hehehehe

But I also need to work on a project for actual work. It doesn't have a deadline, per se, but the quicker I finish it, the more impressed my boss will be, yanno? I need to impress the boss if I hope to get a better evaluation next year. Not that I'll be getting anymore raises anytime soon. Not with the university's budget as tight as it is these days. That and the fact that the president who fought so hard to get us raises last year is gone. *sniff*

I could so use a raise, though. Man, could I. It'd make this possible move so much easier. As it is, if this happens with this particular place, I'll be paying $100 more a month in rent, plus a higher cable bill since I'd be moving to the city. The only thing that might be cheaper is utilities. City water, electric and waste is cheaper than county. Add all that to my already exorbitant credit card payments and it's gonna be tight. A lot tighter than it already is. *sigh*

But I have faith. It'll all work out. The money, the move. All of it. It'll be great. It'll be hard, but it'll be great.

As I say it, so it shall be.

hehehehehe

Comments

Heather said…
Welcome to the moving club, Jana! I am also in the process of looking for a new environment and packing boxes. Don't really want to be moving in the heat of late July, but there is no way I could pack everything in one month. Which is why I've already started (plus, that way my sister can't say I haven't done anything yet).

Like you, I balk at paying a huge increase in rent, especially if there are fewer amenities. I don't need a pool or a fitness center, so long as it is a decent place to walk or ride a bike. Must also be on a busline, and near a store also a bonus. The real difficulty lies in finding something wheelchair accessible. :-\

Here's wishing us both luck in finding new homes we like!

PS. How come you don't visit me anymore? *sniff*
Anonymous said…
Good luck with the moving plan, Jana. And you're right...depression definitely can be genetic.
Aunt B
Jana said…
Awe, Trix. My bad. The past couple of weeks have been insane at work. I've popped in a couple of times, though. I think I even left you a comment once or twice. Things are settling down now, though, so I'll be by more often. (((hugs))) And best wishes on finding a great place.

Aunt B~After last night's meeting, I'm fairly certain that I should be on meds. LOL
Heather said…
I bet you can't wait until most of the students are gone for the summer, huh? lol Hope it was a good meeting last night!
Jana said…
Most of the students ARE gone right now. It's non-student researchers who use the "quiet time" to come in and do research that has kept me busy. lol Plus, annual projects with actual deadlines and the usual routine.

But yeah, I do enjoy the quieter summers without all the pesky traffic. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today