Ghost Hunters Of the World Unite!

Yeah, I'm not a ghost hunter. I just watch them on TV. hehehehe Tonight being Wednesday night and all, I'm a touch excited.

But back to reality (not reality TV) I never knew my living situation was so interesting to so many people. If one more person asks me how I like apartment living I'm liable to go bananas. Every single person I run across in the hall asks me this. Daily. Sometimes some people ask me multiple times in one day. Or at the very least, several times during the week. Kinda like those annoying Verizon Wireless commercials with the dude asking, "Can you hear me now?"

And do they really want to know? Honestly, do they care how I'm adjusting or do they just lack for anything better to talk to me about? 'Cause if they really want to know, I'll tell them every single detail. lol

Generally, though, I just say, "It's hard, but I'm adjusting okay." And that's the truth, just without the detail. Because I AM adjusting. Sort of. And I'm sort of wondering how much longer I have until I can move. LOL

It just still doesn't feel like home. Even after hanging pictures last night and putting out photographs. I still feel a little like a visitor. Maybe it's the whole shared wall thing that makes me feel as though I'm intruding and the fact that my wall-mates seem to think they own the whole freaking place.

But I am adjusting.

Something got me to thinking about my 'net life the other day. You know, as opposed to my "real" life? I've been missing a friend who I used to converse with on a particular board and so I messaged her on MySpace. She admitted that she doesn't frequent that board anymore but didn't say why. (and I won't ask, b/c that's her business, not mine.) It got me to thinking about other friends who, for one reason or another, have fallen away from hanging out there. It makes me feel a bit like one who's stayed at the party too long. Left behind, if you will. I just keep hanging around while others have moved on. I wonder why that is and will I ever feel the need to move on? And how will I feel when I do? It's such a big part of my life and has been for several years that I guess, like a lot of things, I've just been too afraid to let go of it. Not knowing who I am if I'm not a part of it. And I don't necessarily feel the need to leave it. I still enjoy it. I just wonder why I've stayed so long while others don't?

The big excitement for today was the campus wide blackout we had this morning. You'd have thought the sky was falling or something. They had to put an announcement over the intercom to tell everyone to remain calm, the outage was campus wide and they would keep us informed of updates. Felt kinda like they suspected foul play or something. It was probably more like fowl play...you know, bird on a wire type thing? hehehehe Fortunately, it only lasted for about 30 minutes or so. I'm just thankful that this time I wasn't in the restroom when the electricity went out. Last time I was and ya'll, it's black as pitch in there. No windows. No emergency lights. Being ever so slightly claustrophobic anyway, I near about had a heart attack while trying to feel my way out. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today