Heartwarming Blessed News

My niece Emmy has been away at a church camp this week--her first. Upon her return this morning she shared some wonderful news.

She's accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. To say that we are elated to welcome her into the family of Christ is putting it mildly. Mama cried. I can't stop smiling. This is something that I've prayed for since her birth because lets face it--we are not living in the most Christ-like world these days and each young soul born onto this earth is at risk of never knowing the gift of Christ's love. Even children born to Christian parents and into Christian families sometimes never find their way to Him.

How precious is it, then, that this beautiful sprite of a girl--my sweet little Emmy, the daughter of my heart has given her soul to the lover of all souls.

Rejoice!

My new prayer is that she stays firm in her faith. Young Christians are often time the most vulnerable and I pray that I and the rest of her family are the lighthouses she needs to help her keep her eyes on Jesus. That we set good examples for her, that we have the answers to the questions she's sure to ask as she grows and matured in her faith and that when we DON'T have the answers that the Lord intercedes and provides them for her.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful for Emmy. I am sure that she will do just fine with following the right path. She has you for an aunt to help in guiding her along her journey.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today