I Guess...

the camera was having a bad hair day. Soon as I got home and tried fiddling with it, it worked fine. *sigh* Technology's going to slowly drive us all insane someday, yanno?

But, alas the camera worked well this morning and I was able to get the pictures loaded. Not that ya'll probably really care about my new furniture but it's my blog, I'm excited about it and I can do what I want. hehehehe

The couch. Libby's trying to figure out how to get her toy without actually jumping down. lol I've still got a painting to hang over the couch but otherwise it's done. Sis1 says I need throw pillows. I don't know. The couch is cushiony enough on it's own.
The love seat. I've since changed the angle of the afghan. Not sure yet if I'm going to keep the coffee table there but I think it looks okay. The curtains behind there still need the tiebacks in place. I've yet to buy the hooks for those. I think the chocolate brown goes well though, right? But man, the ugly green carpet shines really bright in this picture. LOL

The entertainment center I bought when I first moved into my old house 7 years ago. The chair next to it was given to me by my former pastor and his wife when they moved. Some hand-me-downs are worth keeping for sentiment alone if nothing else. But it is a great chair. Very comfy. Libby, if you'll notice finally did get off the couch to tackle her toy into submission.

This is the recliner I inherited from Mama when she got a new one a month ago. It, too, is a great chair. Super comfy. Up until I got the new stuff, this is where I sat--except I had it pulled right in front of the TV like a college boy. hehehe And yes...it does let out with the table there. I tested it. ;-) Notice the toys scattered everywhere. Anyone who believes that dogs are nothing like children have obviously never owned a sweet baby like mine. LOL

And just because she's so darned cute, my Libby of the stinky butt. She loved the new love seat so much that she threw up on it the first night we had it home. LOL

So this is mi casa. Well, the living room anyway. Once I get my bedroom finished I'll post pics of it. I've got some pics to hang, still but it's almost done. The kitchen is still a little...Ugh! but it's getting there. The spare bedroom, though, is a nightmare. I actually get the urge to cry when I walk in there, it's so overwhelming. LOL But I will conquer it, too. I plan on getting something done with it Saturday. My plans fell through for that day so if I get my butt in gear I should have plenty of time. Besides, Emmy is supposed to come back to MS with us Sunday to spend the week with the Folks and I'm hoping she'll want to spend at least one night with me. If I have her room ready maybe she'll be more inclined.

I'm thinking it'd be fun to take her out to eat, go see Kung Fu Panda or maybe rent some movies. Hang out and talk girl talk. Stuff like that. She and I haven't gotten to just hang out together in a long while. Maybe Mama won't mind if I keep her with me for at least a day.

Comments

Heather said…
Oooh...I likey the new chocolate brown furniture, but man -- you weren't kidding about the ugly green carpet. Is that stuff from the 70s??

BTW, I'm disappointed that you deleted your second post. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, no matter what anyone else thinks. Just because a book (or a movie for that matter) receives rave reviews doesn't mean everyone has to love it.
Jana said…
The reason I deleted my second post is because when I went back to GoodReads I found the Q&A discussion they'd had with Jen and there were several on there who had similar feelings to mine. She gave a suitable reply (that really only makes me sadder. lol but as a writer I can understand...sort of. As a reader I'm still upset.) So I felt my second post was moot.

Besides, I really do need to get over it. It is, after all, a work of fiction. And really does speak to her talent as an author that she was able to provoke such a strong and emotional reaction. *shrugs*

As for the carpet...lol I'm thinking it might actually be from the 70's. Or early 80's. It certainly appears to be the original carpet. LOL I'm actually getting used to it. Sort of. hehehe
Heather said…
Ah, I didn't even realize they had author Q&As there.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today