Technical Difficulties
Well, I did get my furniture home yesterday. Took pictures to post for ya'll. But...*sigh* My camera has decided to act up today. It may be the batteries but I don't know. I tried two sets of batteries and it just kept blinking at me. Worked fine last night. Today, not so much. :-/
But the good news is...I have my furniture! Yay! Daddy and I picked up the love seat with his Ranger and Goofus was supposed to come help me pick up the sofa. Well, he didn't get off work in time so he told Daddy and I to take his truck. (he was in the car) Daddy didn't want to drive the big Ram (he doesn't like borrowing other people's vehicles for insurance purposes) but he did it anyway. We were very blessed in not getting caught in the five o'clock traffic. It very well could have been a nightmare. But I guess it was all meant to be, huh? ;)
I've got it all set up the way I want it, I think. Had to seriously shuffle some other furniture around but I think it looks pretty good. Like a real home instead of a college dorm room. LOL
Now all I've got left to work on is the spare bedroom and finish the kitchen. It's mostly done but I've got three more boxes of kitchen stuff to unpack. Mostly bowls and decorative stuff that I might decide to get rid of. The decorative stuff...not the bowls. hehehe
I can't decide what to do with the spare bedroom, though. It's got a daybed and three bookshelves in it--and now it has a recliner. lol Plus, it houses Libby's "condo". (her crate) But I've got a lot of bare walls I need to decorate. I can't decide what to do with them, though. The things I have are all a hodge podge of sorts and I'd really like to have everything be sort of cohesive. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd love to have a couple of romance novel covers scanned and blown up to poster size. You know, since all my book shelves are in there, it'd be neat to go with a book theme. But not sure how I'd be able to do that. Would a copy place like Kinko's be willing to do that? Or would it be copyright infringement? Something to think about, anyway.
Or I might go all Taz in there. I've got a lot of Tasmanian Devil stuff that I've collected through the years including a poster and a throw that I could use as a wall tapestry. I'd rather go sophisticated than childish, though. However, with two nieces, childish might not be a bad way to go. Something else to think about.
Of course, I'm sure ya'll give a crap how I decorate my spare bedroom, right? LOL
But the good news is...I have my furniture! Yay! Daddy and I picked up the love seat with his Ranger and Goofus was supposed to come help me pick up the sofa. Well, he didn't get off work in time so he told Daddy and I to take his truck. (he was in the car) Daddy didn't want to drive the big Ram (he doesn't like borrowing other people's vehicles for insurance purposes) but he did it anyway. We were very blessed in not getting caught in the five o'clock traffic. It very well could have been a nightmare. But I guess it was all meant to be, huh? ;)
I've got it all set up the way I want it, I think. Had to seriously shuffle some other furniture around but I think it looks pretty good. Like a real home instead of a college dorm room. LOL
Now all I've got left to work on is the spare bedroom and finish the kitchen. It's mostly done but I've got three more boxes of kitchen stuff to unpack. Mostly bowls and decorative stuff that I might decide to get rid of. The decorative stuff...not the bowls. hehehe
I can't decide what to do with the spare bedroom, though. It's got a daybed and three bookshelves in it--and now it has a recliner. lol Plus, it houses Libby's "condo". (her crate) But I've got a lot of bare walls I need to decorate. I can't decide what to do with them, though. The things I have are all a hodge podge of sorts and I'd really like to have everything be sort of cohesive. If I could figure out how to do it, I'd love to have a couple of romance novel covers scanned and blown up to poster size. You know, since all my book shelves are in there, it'd be neat to go with a book theme. But not sure how I'd be able to do that. Would a copy place like Kinko's be willing to do that? Or would it be copyright infringement? Something to think about, anyway.
Or I might go all Taz in there. I've got a lot of Tasmanian Devil stuff that I've collected through the years including a poster and a throw that I could use as a wall tapestry. I'd rather go sophisticated than childish, though. However, with two nieces, childish might not be a bad way to go. Something else to think about.
Of course, I'm sure ya'll give a crap how I decorate my spare bedroom, right? LOL
Comments
The "office" used to have a desk in it, but since she hadn't used it in the 3 years she has been there, she recently removed the desk and added a chair that converts to a single bed. The decor in this room is Star Wars. Seriously. A friend's Mom even made her planet curtains to go with the action figures restign atop bookcases, and she just got a huge SW puzzle framed for the wall.
All this to say, decorate your library any way you want. If you want to do it in Taz, go for it. The romance covers, however...that would be copyright infringement. BUT - if you can get your hands on some cover flaps or promo postcards (many authors have some done up for new releases), you could always frame those, separate or several together.