Wordy Woman and Other Tales
My sister used the word 'morning' three times in three sentences in an email she wrote to me this morning. Seriously, her email was a five line paragraph and the first three ended with the word 'morning.'
"How is everybody this morning? We’re all tired this morning. [Emmy] had to go back to day camp this morning."
The reader (and writer) in me wants to correct her but she takes offence at being corrected so I'll just do it here.
"How is everybody this morning? We're all tired. Emmy had to go back to day camp today."
See how much cleaner, refreshing and less cumbersome it sound when you take out the second two 'mornings'?
My sister, though, has never been much of a grammar queen. It's why being married to a man whose mother is a retired English teacher frustrates her so. Her MIL is always and forever correcting her grammar when she visits. So I try to shake my head silently when reading her emails and remember that perfect, I ain't. lol
Oh, how lovely is it to not have to do yard work anymore. No more staring woefully as the grass grows taller each day. No more blood sweat and tears as I pitifully try to tackle it with my little weed eater. Nope. There's someone now who does it FOR me. A definite positive to my new living situation. hehehehe
So yeah. My lawn got mowed last night. :)
I'm still so unbelievably behind in the unpacking. I have probably four boxes left and several bags of paper stuff that needs unpacking and/or sorting. I just stare at them each evening and think, "I need to unpack those." And yet, in my floor they still sit. I'm thinking of just donating those last four boxes to charity. I haven't used the stuff in them for the past three weeks. I must not need them, right? lol Except, I know I will eventually. Part of them, anyway. Unless I resolve to never eat anything that requires a bowl again. The papers...ugh! I hate sorting through papers and crap. It's so depressing and time consuming. Especially when I know I don't know what to do with all of it anyway. I need a desk with a filing system, I guess. Gonna hafta look into getting one of those.
Yeah. Probably not.
Did I tell ya'll my goof of this weekend? No? Oh, well then, by all means. Let me share.
I've been craving donuts. Not just any donuts, but Shipley's. (Not sure if they're a regional/local thing or not but think Krispy Kreme only better.) But, I hate going up to the shop because...well, I just do. So I'd resolved I'd just push past the craving and move on with my life. Except--I had to run to the grocery store early Sunday morning because I'd completely spazzed on getting Daddy a Father's Day card. While I was there (I shoulda gone to Walgreens instead!) I passed by the "goodies" table and a carton of donuts called my name. Stupid me, I thought they looked a lot like the donuts at Shipley's so I bought them.
They weren't. They were so far off from being anything like Shipley's that I was tempted to just toss them in the trash.
That didn't stop me from eating them until the carton was nearly empty, though.
*sigh*
"How is everybody this morning? We’re all tired this morning. [Emmy] had to go back to day camp this morning."
The reader (and writer) in me wants to correct her but she takes offence at being corrected so I'll just do it here.
"How is everybody this morning? We're all tired. Emmy had to go back to day camp today."
See how much cleaner, refreshing and less cumbersome it sound when you take out the second two 'mornings'?
My sister, though, has never been much of a grammar queen. It's why being married to a man whose mother is a retired English teacher frustrates her so. Her MIL is always and forever correcting her grammar when she visits. So I try to shake my head silently when reading her emails and remember that perfect, I ain't. lol
Oh, how lovely is it to not have to do yard work anymore. No more staring woefully as the grass grows taller each day. No more blood sweat and tears as I pitifully try to tackle it with my little weed eater. Nope. There's someone now who does it FOR me. A definite positive to my new living situation. hehehehe
So yeah. My lawn got mowed last night. :)
I'm still so unbelievably behind in the unpacking. I have probably four boxes left and several bags of paper stuff that needs unpacking and/or sorting. I just stare at them each evening and think, "I need to unpack those." And yet, in my floor they still sit. I'm thinking of just donating those last four boxes to charity. I haven't used the stuff in them for the past three weeks. I must not need them, right? lol Except, I know I will eventually. Part of them, anyway. Unless I resolve to never eat anything that requires a bowl again. The papers...ugh! I hate sorting through papers and crap. It's so depressing and time consuming. Especially when I know I don't know what to do with all of it anyway. I need a desk with a filing system, I guess. Gonna hafta look into getting one of those.
Yeah. Probably not.
Did I tell ya'll my goof of this weekend? No? Oh, well then, by all means. Let me share.
I've been craving donuts. Not just any donuts, but Shipley's. (Not sure if they're a regional/local thing or not but think Krispy Kreme only better.) But, I hate going up to the shop because...well, I just do. So I'd resolved I'd just push past the craving and move on with my life. Except--I had to run to the grocery store early Sunday morning because I'd completely spazzed on getting Daddy a Father's Day card. While I was there (I shoulda gone to Walgreens instead!) I passed by the "goodies" table and a carton of donuts called my name. Stupid me, I thought they looked a lot like the donuts at Shipley's so I bought them.
They weren't. They were so far off from being anything like Shipley's that I was tempted to just toss them in the trash.
That didn't stop me from eating them until the carton was nearly empty, though.
*sigh*
Comments
As for not having to mow the lawn...that is a definite plus to apartment living. Except that our service always shows up at 7am on whatever day you have off. Not. Pleasant.