GHI=So not as cool at TAPS

I hate mid-season on SciFi. It's that dreary time of the year when they think it's funny to give my beloved Ghost Hunters a hiatus and instead fill their spot with Ghost Hunters International. In other words...a poor man's Ghost Hunters.

Although, this time they've somehow managed to lure one of my favorite TAPS team members, Dustin ("How could he dessert TAPS?," she cries even as she drools when Barry appears on screen.) into their less cool web of ghosty hunting. Somehow he's managed to bring a little more cred to the otherwise "spooked by their own shadow" crew. They actually, wonder of wonders, relied more heavily on actual scientific evidence than Donna's "OMG something just brushed against my shoulder". Yeah, it's called a moth, chick. They do that. Apparently in every freaking place this chick's ever been. She wasn't that bad this past Wednesday night, though. In fact, they were all better than the last "season" of GHI.

They still aren't as cool as Jay and Grant, though.

Speaking of whom, I (by some freak sense of justice) got to catch them on "The View" while I was out sick. Pretty cool, even if I did have to watch them through a cough syrup induced haze.

Man, I miss that cough syrup. That's good sh-tuff. hehehe (10% alcohol anything's prolly good, though. lol)

In other "reality" TV news, Big Brother is back for the 10th season. *sigh* I miss the days when I loved it but I'll be darned if it doesn't just get on my last freaking nerve now. I watched last night's premiere for lack of anything better to do but it'll be the last time. However, I was intrigued to see that there is actually a 75-year-old former Marine on there this season. He is, of course, delusional enough to think the young chaps in the house respect him. Poor man. The dudes in that house are so uncool that they're playing him like a violin. Show some respect, thugs. And buy a clue. You're all LOSERS. Srsly. How Big Brother went from cool mindless fun to a freak show of losers is beyond me. Or maybe it was always a freak show of losers and I finally grew the hell up. Hmmm...something to think about.

Speaking of 75-year-olds, though, Granny was tickled pink by her lady's brunch birthday party that my mother threw her. She said it was the first birthday party she'd ever had. I hadn't realized that, so Mama was all the happier for having done it for her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today