My Life's Not So Bad...
Even if my apartment DOES apparently hate me. *sigh* (new leak in the a/c unit.)
I finally called my bff Saturday. I should have called her ages ago. It'd been a couple or three months since we'd talked and she'd left me a voicemail two weeks ago. I just hadn't gotten around to calling her back. But that's the nature of our friendship. Has been forever. We talk when we can and when we can't we don't sweat it. She's got a busy life with work and her family and my life is...well, ya'll know how I am. LOL
I really wish now that I'd called her back right after I got her voicemail.
Her birthday was Friday, though, so I thought I'd just wait and call her then. You know, because I'm not much of a phone lover, two calls in close time range might kill me. lol I ended up calling her Saturday, though, because I'm a spaz and forgot to call Friday.
Boy, the things that have happened in two or three months! Her beloved puppy that she got in March contracted Parvo and they had to put him down, the dentist droped an instrament in her husband's mouth and cut his lip causing her husband to have surgery to fix it, THEN he got orders that he's being deployed to Iraq in September. This all happened the first two weeks in June, ya'll.
The icing on the cake, though...She went for a regular gyno check-up and some suspicous cells turned up on the PAP test. Every other time everything has come back normal, she said. She thought they must have made a mistake or that it was simply nothing. She went in for a biopsy later that week and nearly bled out so they ended up just removing her cervix.
Yeah. She's MY age. A few months younger, to be technical. Twenty-nine-year-old women aren't supposed to have their cervix removed.
Further tests, however, showed that their suspicions were correct. She had developed pre-cancerous cells in her cervix. Fortunately the early detection and removal prevented her from developing cancer. So yay for early detection! She's not even going to have to have chemo, though.
While the no chemo thing is great, I'm still concerned for her. Yeah, it's great that they caught it early but now the fear will always lurk that cancer was trying to develop in her body. Her mother has been battling every form of cancer known to man for the past five years. It's more than unsettling to think that while this particular battle was won before it started, there is a potential for others in the future.
And thinking about this, about my friend and all that she's endured lately makes me really thankful for all the crap in my life. It's manageable crap. You know? She and I have been friends for so long that I know all her crap, she knows mine and I gotta say, her life makes mine look like a freaking fairytale. It shames me, it does, that I whine and complain about the most mundane things. That I battle with depression when really--what HAVE I got to be depressed about.
Anyway, all that said, I ask that ya'll please, please, PLEASE keep bff in your prayers. I know she's going to need all the prayers she can get. She seems to be doing well for now. By the time I called her, she'd already been back to work for a week. Said it nearly KILLED her, though. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. But she's hanging in there. Fortunately this happened BEFORE her husband is deployed.
It's times like this, though, that I really hate living so far away from each other. Not that I could have done much to change the course of things for her but I wish I could have been there for emotional support or to help her with whatever she needed help doing.
At anyrate, I'm going to try for a little less whining and a little more thankfullness.
Hey, it could happen.
I finally called my bff Saturday. I should have called her ages ago. It'd been a couple or three months since we'd talked and she'd left me a voicemail two weeks ago. I just hadn't gotten around to calling her back. But that's the nature of our friendship. Has been forever. We talk when we can and when we can't we don't sweat it. She's got a busy life with work and her family and my life is...well, ya'll know how I am. LOL
I really wish now that I'd called her back right after I got her voicemail.
Her birthday was Friday, though, so I thought I'd just wait and call her then. You know, because I'm not much of a phone lover, two calls in close time range might kill me. lol I ended up calling her Saturday, though, because I'm a spaz and forgot to call Friday.
Boy, the things that have happened in two or three months! Her beloved puppy that she got in March contracted Parvo and they had to put him down, the dentist droped an instrament in her husband's mouth and cut his lip causing her husband to have surgery to fix it, THEN he got orders that he's being deployed to Iraq in September. This all happened the first two weeks in June, ya'll.
The icing on the cake, though...She went for a regular gyno check-up and some suspicous cells turned up on the PAP test. Every other time everything has come back normal, she said. She thought they must have made a mistake or that it was simply nothing. She went in for a biopsy later that week and nearly bled out so they ended up just removing her cervix.
Yeah. She's MY age. A few months younger, to be technical. Twenty-nine-year-old women aren't supposed to have their cervix removed.
Further tests, however, showed that their suspicions were correct. She had developed pre-cancerous cells in her cervix. Fortunately the early detection and removal prevented her from developing cancer. So yay for early detection! She's not even going to have to have chemo, though.
While the no chemo thing is great, I'm still concerned for her. Yeah, it's great that they caught it early but now the fear will always lurk that cancer was trying to develop in her body. Her mother has been battling every form of cancer known to man for the past five years. It's more than unsettling to think that while this particular battle was won before it started, there is a potential for others in the future.
And thinking about this, about my friend and all that she's endured lately makes me really thankful for all the crap in my life. It's manageable crap. You know? She and I have been friends for so long that I know all her crap, she knows mine and I gotta say, her life makes mine look like a freaking fairytale. It shames me, it does, that I whine and complain about the most mundane things. That I battle with depression when really--what HAVE I got to be depressed about.
Anyway, all that said, I ask that ya'll please, please, PLEASE keep bff in your prayers. I know she's going to need all the prayers she can get. She seems to be doing well for now. By the time I called her, she'd already been back to work for a week. Said it nearly KILLED her, though. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. But she's hanging in there. Fortunately this happened BEFORE her husband is deployed.
It's times like this, though, that I really hate living so far away from each other. Not that I could have done much to change the course of things for her but I wish I could have been there for emotional support or to help her with whatever she needed help doing.
At anyrate, I'm going to try for a little less whining and a little more thankfullness.
Hey, it could happen.
Comments