Ain't it always the way?

I sometimes have these really deep thoughts--realizations that my overwarped mind doesn't always process. When I have these deep thoughts and realizations I always say to myself, "Self, this will be GREAT fodder for the blog and/or journal."

Sadly, I never remember them later and though I constantly say that I will, I rarely write them down at the moment they occur.

So yeah, ya'll get left with my useless silly fluff.

Which means, kids, my weekend review.

Friday night:
  • Contemplated ordering in, remembered that I'm broke and ate a frozen pizza instead. It was blah and I had to fight the Devil Pup to eat it. Fighting while trying to eat=pain in the butt.
  • Watched Ghost Whisperer re-run and wondered where I can find me a Jim (the hubby--a seriously hawt firefighter who adores his wife and actually treats her with respect, tenderness, and totally believes in her).
  • Played with the Devil Pup until I hurt my arm reaching under the couch for the 50th time to retrieve her ball. Devil goosed me while I was laying on the floor, arm extended beneath the couch and I raised up too quickly, forgetting said arm and scraped it but good. Hurt like the dickens. I did not cuss, but I did tear up.
  • Made DP play new game with different toy until she got bored so we put Ladder 49 in the DVD player and I drooled over Joaquin Phoenix (what IS it about him that just makes me drool like Libby after a frozen pizza?) until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Going to bed at 10pm on a Friday night doesn't make me a total loser, does it?

Saturday:

  • Not happy that students have returned to town. Amazing how quickly I always get spoiled to the summer lull so that when they DO return, I'm always smacked in the face by the increase in traffic even at 7:30 on a Saturday morning when I'm trying to beat the crowd to do my grocery shopping. *sigh*
  • Spent $35 on groceries--$5 over my budget. Bad part? I bought cheese peppers and garlic cheesy bread when I KNOW they're high calorie and I don't need them. Worse? I told myself I was buying them to cheer my dad up since he's been kind of down lately. What can I say? I am my mother's daughter and often times equate food with love.
  • Went through Micky D's drive-thru and have decided that I'm never going to try and order from the McCafe menu ever ever again--love of coffee, mocha and all things decadent sounding be hanged. Ordering coffee should NOT be that difficult. For the third Saturday in a row, the person at the window has contradicted me when I ordered--never mind that each time I ordered (the same exact item) that I was merely repeating the correction the person at the window had advised me of previously. I think the menu confuses them as much as it does me, hence I will order a chocolate milk next time and PRAY that isn't too difficult.
  • Chicken biscuit was good. I ate it sitting on the floor between the love seat and the coffee table. Not my brightest move since the devil pup tried to crawl over my head to get to my plate.
  • In an uncharacteristic move, I madly dashed about the house cleaning and picking up all of DP's toys. I vacuumed, cleared off the kitchen table, cleaned the kitchen, removed all my nail grooming tools from the living room--you know, all those things that NEED doing on a daily (or at least weekly) basis but I'm a bum and I rarely ever get around to doing them. What inspired this amazing show of domesticity? I was expecting company, of course. Company of the non-familial type. lol
  • The couple who had adopted Libby's litter-mate/brother came over to "meet" Libby and introduce her to her "birth mother." (Her brother, sadly, was hit by a car several months ago and died). Fortunately, I sort of know these people so it wasn't all weird. They're friends with a woman I work with and Sus and I have actually been emailing and swapping pictures of our dogs for two years, now. It was really funny to "meet" Libby's "birth mother" because Roxie (the birth mother dog) is actually a much dantier version of Libby "Bull in a China Shoppe" Devil Pup. Roxie growled at Libby, refusing to let her anywhere near Sus and Mike (the couple--her "parents.") Libby growled at Roxie and refused to let her anywhere near me. Fun was had by all.
  • Went to lunch with my mother and learned some startling news--Daddy has a brother that no one ever knew about! My g-pa (Daddy's bio-dad) apparently had a fling while he was married to my granny but that's really all we know. My great aunt (Granny's sister), thinking my parents already knew, let that little bit slip in a conversation Friday but refused to divulge any other information when she realized they didn't already know. So I don't know anything about this uncle. Where he lives, what his name is, how knowledge of his existance came about. It's odd to think that somewhere in the world is a man who could call himself my uncle and I don't know him. It doesn't suprise me that the man exists. My g-pa was a scalliwag SOB and we're only suprised that we hadn't discovered more of his offspring before now. Being that he and Daddy are no longer speaking to one another and by extension, he's no longer talking to ME--I may never know this uncle. I'm sure my cousins (who he IS speaking to) are all up in it. Probably how Granny and Aunt G found out about it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been told by my g-pa not to say anything to us about it. Perhaps we'll hear more in coming days. Mama said she's going to "investigate" meaning she'll probably call one of my cousins and grill them. One cousin, in particular, usually doesn't mind flapping his lips when asked--if he even knows anything. He and his sister (the likely cousin who told Granny) aren't on speaking terms either. Aren't families fun?? LOL
  • Having done all my laundry, cleaning, etc earlier in the day, DP and I vegged on the couch and finished watching Ladder 49. Sis1 called for no apparent reason.
  • Saturday night I watched Miss Potter and drooled over Ewan McGreggor. Honestly, it was a good movie, though a bit slow at times and infinitely sad in one particular place. I have to wonder exactly how much of it is acurate but am happy to blissfully supsend reality and enjoy the belief that Beatrix Potter had such a lovely romantic story.

Sunday:

  • Made a run to Wendy's for breakfast and had to sit at the drive-thru window for what felt like hours waiting on my order and THEN had to wait another hour while the got me sugar and cream for my coffee. Slugs. Good thing the food's so good or I'd never go back. hehehehe
  • Ate my maple thingy at the kitchen table, having remembered the head crawling incident of the previous morning. Had to share, anyway, though. Which is funny because I share my food so automatically with the DP that when she's NOT around while I'm eating, I find myself pinching off nibbles and holding them out only to feel stupid when I realize that she isn't, in fact, there to eat it.
  • Mama and Daddy's satelite receiver box died a sudden death Friday night so their house was uncharacteristically quiet when I got there. Daddy was actually *gasp* reading. Not to say that he never reads but he rarely does so on Sunday morning. He's usually all up in a hunting/fishing/outdoor television show at full volume.
  • At church I had to pray for the Lord to help me overcome my judgmental nature. I realized I'm becoming one of those stodgy old church biddies who mentally ridicules other church members for their behaviors in church. lol You see, there's this family who are relatively new members who talk (and not quietly) while the pianist plays a solo during the passing of the offering plates. This is simply not done because a) it's disrespectful to the pianist b) we're a staid country southern Baptist Church and c) it's simply not done. lol I still think they should save their conversation for after church as it's disruptive but it isn't my place to judge them. I need to remember that in this and all other situations.
  • After lunch, Mama went to visit her parents and I stayed to visit with Daddy. And by visit, I mean read while he watched a yucky western movie on DVD. And it was yukky and that's all I'm gonna say about that.
  • Does anyone else watch Gene Simmons' Family Jewels on A&E? Just me? Oh. Well, it's a funny show anyway. I'm not a Kiss fan in the least but the Simmons family is pretty funny.
  • Army Wives entertained until bedtime and that, my friends, was the extent of my weekend.

Fun, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today