Books, I haz dem.

You know, I'm always fascinated when other people post pictures of their bookshelves so I thought I'd share. Besides, I finally got into the spare room and I'm rather proud of the fact that at least THAT side of the room is organized. hehehehe

The Library

This is the half of the spare room that I finally got organized. Not sure if the "decorations" on the top are going to stay the same but for now it'll do. My Pa-Paw actually built those shelves, in case you're curious. When they remodeled their house several years ago he split them between Sis2 and myself. When she married, she decided not to take hers with her to her new home so I happily ended up with both of them. If some of the shelves look empty, that's the result of my "cleaning fit" when I moved.
The other half.

Yeah, this half? Not so much organized yet. The boxes on the bed are gone, though. Still have to decide what to do with the two bags of stuffed animals. I'm sorta over the whole stuffed animal phase of my life but don't want to give them up because the ones I kept all have a memory attached. The puppy, I think I'll keep. hehehehe


The rest of the other half.

Ugh! Still so much to sort through on this book shelf. Notebooks of short stories, school papers, etc. Boxes of stuff I cleaned out of the desk I got rid of when I moved. Incidentally, this particular bookshelf was made by my other Pa-Paw, Mama's dad. I've had it since I was a kid. It used to "house" my 100+ Barbies but I boxed all of them up last year. Well, all but the ones on the top self, there. That's Libby's corner, btw. Her "Condo."

RDI's, chick lit, etc.

This bookcase is actually in MY bedroom. In case you're wondering, I do sort my books by genre, author, line and size. These are my trade-size paperbacks (mostly Red Dress Inc. and Steeple Hill Cafe.) This book case is one that got passed to me by Daddy. He didn't build it but it's one he had had since he was a teenager. In a redecorating frenzy several years ago my mother decided to get rid of it. I couldn't part with it so here it stands, cradling my books. Memories are associated with this book case. Memories like how it USED to have sliding glass doors and how a certain sister of mine broke those glass doors. hehehehe
The TBR's

Actually, these aren't all TBR's. My Torie O'Shea's are shelved here on the bottom shelf. It just felt wrong to shelve them anywhere other than beside my Mary Higgens Clark's--half of which I've read. And technically there are several more TBR's shelved in "The Library." These are merely the books I've purchased myself while the others are books that were given to me. These TBR's are priority. ;-) Incidentally, this shelf is tucked behind the love seat in the living room. This bookcase is a piece of crap I got from a yard-sale but I can't stand to part with it because it was purchased when I first moved into my old house 7 years ago. lol

These are, by no means, all of my books. I still have a couple or three boxes of books tucked under the spare room bed and in the spare room closet and all of my hardbacks are shelved on the built-ins in the living room. However, my stash of books is probably positively light compared to other folks. I've heard tales of people who have plastic storage bins FULL of books.

Color me jealous. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Those aren't even full-size shelves and you thought you had too many books? Duuuude... I should have taken pics of mine before I packed everything. ;)
Jana said…
Yeah, that's why I said compared to some folks my collection is light. ;)

But, I do have them double filed on each shelf of the two larger book cases, anyway. *shrugs*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today