The Ceiling's Falling! The Ceiling's Falling!

You know me and my Chicken Little history, right? Well this time, I think I'm not just making it up. LOL

No, the sky isn't falling but the ceiling? Definitely maybe.

Roofers have been working on our section of the library for the past couple of weeks and apparently they've employed a herd of elephants to work on it this morning. I kid ya'll not, it sounds like a rompin' stompin' good time is being had on the roof above me. And if the sound of ceiling dust sifting down is anything to go by, I might be gettin' a skylight above this here desk just any minute now.

Few things scarier to a poor little southern girl's heart than a big boom overhead followed immediately by the sound of stuff falling from the ceiling. Not fun at all.

In other rompin' stompin' good time news, we survived a stormy Saturday night. I was babysitting Alyssa when it hit. Their apartment has a skylight in the living room and ya'll...it's just too fun to watch lightening flashing in from the ceiling. lol Unfortunately, the sky light also is really loud when rain beats on it. It woke the baby up and made her cranky. :-/

It didn't get nearly as bad here, though, as it did out my folks' way. There were several downed trees and reports of penny sized hail and 60mph winds. *shudder* They made it through, alright, though. No wind damage to their place, though they did lose electricity for several hours. The lights flickered at my sister's apartment but fortunately didn't go out. I don't know what I'd have done if they had. I didn't have the first clue where any flashlights were and between a cranky 11-month-old and a scardy pants Devil Pup, I'd have been in a pickle for sure.

That's about the extent of my news from the weekend, though. Nuthin' much happened that ya'll'd care to hear about. Just the usual domesticated junk. Laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, etc. Good times.

Comments

Heather said…
Dontcha just love the sound of roofers overhead? Yeah, me neither. lol

Watching lightning through a skylight would be wicked cool, though I can imagine how loud hail and rain can be against it. Glad you all came through the storm okay. We had a rousing t-storm come through early this morning (woke me up), and then a milder one mid-morning. At least we actually needed the rain this time!
Jana said…
The noise is making my teeth hurt. Seriously. Ugh!

Glad ya'll got some rain you needed. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today