Hey Lyssa, It's your Birthday...
Party, that is. ;-) So when we first started talking about Lyssa's first birthday party Sis2 said she was keeping it small. Somewhere between then and Saturday small became a relative term. *sigh*

But we had a lot of fun putting it together. Don't get me wrong--it was hard work. We were there from 9:30 till 4:30. The party was at 2 so all but two of those hours were us putting out tables, decorations, etc., preparing food and setting out food, running last minute errands, cleaning up, putting away, etc.

Needless to say, by the time I got home (home being the folks' house since Sis1 and Emmy were in town) I was completely and utterly exhausted. We all were. But in a totally good way.


Alyssa had a ball visiting with the family that attended, eating cake, opening presents. The only time she got fussy at all was when they took the cake away from her. The girl is enough like her Aunt Jana that she loves her food. She'd have eaten that entire cake had they not taken it away from her.
Surprisingly enough, even the two grandmothers behaved themselves...mostly. I kept mostly to myself because I was already tired and really, I'm not much of a social butterfly. Relatively small crowd though it was,
Jana's not fond of crowds. And I don't really like most of Goofus's family, anyway. They're not bad people--just annoying. I didn't want to get annoyed at Lyssa's party. lol
Jana's not fond of crowds. And I don't really like most of Goofus's family, anyway. They're not bad people--just annoying. I didn't want to get annoyed at Lyssa's party. lolShe got a lot of neat toys, though. Most of them have similar functions--noisy little educational toys that sing as they teach the alphabet, numbers, shapes, etc. But what else--other than clothes--is there for a one-year-old? Shopping for kids that age is hard. But the girl loves music so all those singing teaching toys will be good for her.


Comments