So Many Books, So Little Money

A common lament in my life. Why must all my favorite authors release books in the same month anyway? LOL

Of course, it didn't help that I had a backlog of author faves from last month that I didn't get to buy. So I'm making up for it this month. And even then, I had to "uncart" three that I desperately wanted. Guess they'll have to wait till next month. *sigh*

Here's the highlights, though.

Susan Mallory, the happy accident discovery from ages ago when I order one of her books thinking she was Susan Andersen, has a new trilogy of books coming out. I missed last month's release, Sweet Talk, and of course couldn't buy it without getting this month's release, Sweet Spot. Even though I have to wait another month to get the third one I had to have these NOW.

And the cherry on top of all that sweet Susan Mallory stuff--Susan Anderson has a new release out this month, too! Cutting Loose. Oh sweet mercy, am I happy. I'm almost OD'd on joy here. hehehehe

Then there's RDI's Lee Nichols who I discovered a few years ago. Her newest release is Reconstructing Brigid. Lee wrote one of my very favoritist novels--Hand Me Down which has become (along with Melissa Senate's Soloman Sisters Wise Up among others) one of those that I re-read periodically no matter how honkin' high the TBR of fresh reads gets.

Of course, there's also my staples of Jean Brashear (fiercly emotional) Janice Kay Johnson (a recent Rita winner!) and Tara Taylor Quinn (who can spin even the most difficult plot lines into a heartwarmer). Sadly, I had to put Holly Jacobs, Raynne Thayne and Amy Frazier, on hold for next month. *sigh* And I really wanted them. I just couldn't stretch the budget to $50 and justify it to myself when I've got, you know, bills to pay. Next month, ya'll. Next month.

Never mind that my TBR shelf is getting ridiculously thick and I'm having to carve time out to read these days anyway. It's just the sheer joy of knowing that I'll have all these lovely friends waiting to hang out with me that makes purchasing more books a justifiable expense. Or maybe I'm it's just the addiction that makes me justify it to myself. Either way, it'll be worth it.

Speaking of lovely friends, though, I started Donna Alward's latest release Falling for Mr. Dark and Dangerous last night and three chapters in, it's shaping up to be a great read. Am anxious to finish it. I even brought it with me to work today in case I found a quiet moment at lunch or break. Not to read at my desk. I quit trying to sneak read at work AGES ago. (Nearly getting caught will do that for you!)

At anyrate, I just had to share my joy and despair with ya'll. I knew ya'll would understand, right?

Comments

Barbara said…
jana I was looking for your email addy to tell you about a typo in your last drifters post. didn't want to spread it all over the net, but I can't find you for a private chat
Jana said…
Barbara~ You can reach me at janabelle2002 @ yahoo . com
Heather said…
Don't you love how your favorite authors always seem to have new releases around the same time? LOL I was very good this past weekend. I only bought one new book (Breaking Dawn), and two used books I was looking for.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today