Water, water, everywhere...

*sigh*

So it rained most of yesterday and the library got soaked--inside and out. Apparently the roofers missed a few (or a lot) of spots as they've been re-roofing our building. My department was only one of many that had to clean up from the mess and walk around garbage cans set out to catch the drips. This morning, new leaks were found as well.

But oh, it's not just at work. My apartment still has a leaky roof. Three weeks ago my landlord promised me he'd have it taken care of. Yeah, well, apparently not.

He's back in town now, though, and promised to repair the leak in my A/C unit. I guess we shall see if that happens and whether or not the roof gets fixed this time. If not, Jana might be holding her rent hostage next month until something is done.

I'm seriously thinking I'm under some kind of water curse, though. lol Seems like ever since I moved into my apartment it's been one watery problem after another. This does not bode well, indeed it does not.

Comments

Heather said…
Dude...you so need to be withholding rent until the roof is fixed. This is beyond rediculous. He is not only endangering your property, but also your life were the damaged roof to give way and fall on you or a guest. Tell the jerk to fix it right or else!

(And, not that YOU can do anything about it, those roofers at work either need to be fired, or have payment deducted for doing a shoddy job.)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today