Nipper
Things are not looking good for Mama's dog, Nipper. She called me this morning upset. He's apparently in enough pain now that he doesn't want her touching him. He snaps and growls at her. He can no longer hold his head up and this morning there was blood in his urine. We talked (and cried) for a little while this morning and I think she's decided to go ahead and have him put down. She doesn't want to make this decision at all but no one will make it for her. I tried talking her through it this morning, asking her what she'd want us to do if she were Nipper. She said she wouldn't want to be here. I told her she already had her answer, then.
I know it's unbelievably hard. I tear up just thinking about it. But it's tearing her apart seeing him this way. I know there are those in the world who say, "He's just a dog." And he is, indeed, a dog. But he's also a best friend, a precious furbaby, a k-9 brother and a sweetheart. He's so much a part of our lives and our family that it breaks my heart to think of a world without him in it. I mean, he has his own distinctive personality, plays a specific role in the family. He's as much a part of our lives as my sisters and parents are. And to Mama, specifically, he's as much her child as I am.
Anyway, ya'll just please pray for him and for Mama. Today is going to be a nightmare, I know. A blessing, of course, but a nightmare.
Edited to add: Mama just called. She called the vet and talked to her about it. They made the appointment for this afternoon.
I know it's unbelievably hard. I tear up just thinking about it. But it's tearing her apart seeing him this way. I know there are those in the world who say, "He's just a dog." And he is, indeed, a dog. But he's also a best friend, a precious furbaby, a k-9 brother and a sweetheart. He's so much a part of our lives and our family that it breaks my heart to think of a world without him in it. I mean, he has his own distinctive personality, plays a specific role in the family. He's as much a part of our lives as my sisters and parents are. And to Mama, specifically, he's as much her child as I am.
Anyway, ya'll just please pray for him and for Mama. Today is going to be a nightmare, I know. A blessing, of course, but a nightmare.
Edited to add: Mama just called. She called the vet and talked to her about it. They made the appointment for this afternoon.
Comments