Smells like...
Crap?
Ugh!
Yes, that was the fragrance that greeted me at home when I walked through the door Friday afternoon. My first thought was that the sewage was messed up. It wouldn't have been a surprise with everything else I've had to deal with since moving into this apartment.
But no. I followed my nose to the Devil Pup's bed. Ugh! She'd had tummy troubles and bless her heart, it was all in her bed, on the walls of her crate, in her hair on her feet. Just absolutely horrific. Needless to say, I hustled her outside where she was "sick" again and then threw her in the tub. The next two hours were a frenzy to wash her bedding, scrub her crate, Fabreez the carpet in her bedroom, Lysol, etc just to get the smell out. It was just that terrible. She got "sick" one more time (outside, thank the Lord!) and was kind of puny the rest of the night. I ended up having to trim the long hair on her booty cause it kept getting nasty whenever she got "sick." Now the poor thing has choppy butt hair. lol
Thankfully, whatever bug she'd gotten was gone by Saturday morning. She seemed to feel better and didn't get sick anymore. I tentatively fed her some breakfast and she handled that fine.
Saturday had to work a few hours. Had intended to use the quiet time to get some writing done (we never have any patrons on Saturday) but my friend L. worked with me and we ended up chatting and goofing off. We rarely get to see each other anymore since her work schedule changed so it was nice to just hang out and talk.
I finally got to read Eclipse and omgosh, I loved it so much. Is it terribly wrong and bad of me that I keep rooting for Jacob? I mean, I like Edward but...I don't know. Something about the way she describes him...cold marble...just makes me wonder WTC is so great about snuggling up to stone when there's a big hairy WARM werewolf just hankering to snuggle up to her. lol Plus, Edward's controlling nature got a little intense in a couple of cases and while I'm glad he finally realized what a jerk he was being, the controlling nature was still there. Imagine me whooping and hollering when Bella outsmarted him and got of "jail." hehehehe (Yeah, the DP thought I was nuts, too.)
I do feel like there was quite a bit of character development in this installment, as well. Edward, Bella and Jacob all seemed to "learn" throughout and that's interesting to see. And so at odds with all those early negative reviews I read prior to reading this series.
Now I'm caught in a "can't wait to read it" and "putting it off" stage with Breaking Dawn. I know something happens that a lot of fans weren't thrilled with so it makes me kind of cautious about delving into it. And, I hate to see the saga end. But at the same time I really, really, really want to know what happens. See where they all land. So if I can scrape some money together I guess I'll be buying it soon. Not sure when. There's not a lot of money to scrape together at the moment. Doesn't even matter that payday is tomorrow. All that $$$ is already spoken for. Stupid money eating rent. LOL Maybe I could skip eating for a few days...
Wouldn't hurt me, for sure. I stepped on the scale this morning and nearly cried. I've gained three pounds since the last time I weighed. Could be water weight but I doubt it. Some of my skirts and pants aren't as "breathable" as they used to be. Depressing. Which makes me want to eat, which makes me gain weight, which makes me more depressed and want to eat more...well, you know the vicious cycle, right? Just got to resist the depression eating. Maybe go get Breaking Dawn instead. That'll keep me too occupied to eat for at LEAST six to eight hours. lol
Anyway, that was about the extent of my weekend. I did go to church yesterday and then to the folks' house but nothing exciting to report there. I mostly just ate and napped at the folks' house. Church was kind of blah. Our interim pastor leaves a lot to be desired. He's a nice man but his sermons...well, they're a good sleep aid. lol That's bad to think, much less say, right? But honesty and all that crap...
But yeah, that's my weekend. How was ya'lls?
Ugh!
Yes, that was the fragrance that greeted me at home when I walked through the door Friday afternoon. My first thought was that the sewage was messed up. It wouldn't have been a surprise with everything else I've had to deal with since moving into this apartment.
But no. I followed my nose to the Devil Pup's bed. Ugh! She'd had tummy troubles and bless her heart, it was all in her bed, on the walls of her crate, in her hair on her feet. Just absolutely horrific. Needless to say, I hustled her outside where she was "sick" again and then threw her in the tub. The next two hours were a frenzy to wash her bedding, scrub her crate, Fabreez the carpet in her bedroom, Lysol, etc just to get the smell out. It was just that terrible. She got "sick" one more time (outside, thank the Lord!) and was kind of puny the rest of the night. I ended up having to trim the long hair on her booty cause it kept getting nasty whenever she got "sick." Now the poor thing has choppy butt hair. lol
Thankfully, whatever bug she'd gotten was gone by Saturday morning. She seemed to feel better and didn't get sick anymore. I tentatively fed her some breakfast and she handled that fine.
Saturday had to work a few hours. Had intended to use the quiet time to get some writing done (we never have any patrons on Saturday) but my friend L. worked with me and we ended up chatting and goofing off. We rarely get to see each other anymore since her work schedule changed so it was nice to just hang out and talk.
I finally got to read Eclipse and omgosh, I loved it so much. Is it terribly wrong and bad of me that I keep rooting for Jacob? I mean, I like Edward but...I don't know. Something about the way she describes him...cold marble...just makes me wonder WTC is so great about snuggling up to stone when there's a big hairy WARM werewolf just hankering to snuggle up to her. lol Plus, Edward's controlling nature got a little intense in a couple of cases and while I'm glad he finally realized what a jerk he was being, the controlling nature was still there. Imagine me whooping and hollering when Bella outsmarted him and got of "jail." hehehehe (Yeah, the DP thought I was nuts, too.)
I do feel like there was quite a bit of character development in this installment, as well. Edward, Bella and Jacob all seemed to "learn" throughout and that's interesting to see. And so at odds with all those early negative reviews I read prior to reading this series.
Now I'm caught in a "can't wait to read it" and "putting it off" stage with Breaking Dawn. I know something happens that a lot of fans weren't thrilled with so it makes me kind of cautious about delving into it. And, I hate to see the saga end. But at the same time I really, really, really want to know what happens. See where they all land. So if I can scrape some money together I guess I'll be buying it soon. Not sure when. There's not a lot of money to scrape together at the moment. Doesn't even matter that payday is tomorrow. All that $$$ is already spoken for. Stupid money eating rent. LOL Maybe I could skip eating for a few days...
Wouldn't hurt me, for sure. I stepped on the scale this morning and nearly cried. I've gained three pounds since the last time I weighed. Could be water weight but I doubt it. Some of my skirts and pants aren't as "breathable" as they used to be. Depressing. Which makes me want to eat, which makes me gain weight, which makes me more depressed and want to eat more...well, you know the vicious cycle, right? Just got to resist the depression eating. Maybe go get Breaking Dawn instead. That'll keep me too occupied to eat for at LEAST six to eight hours. lol
Anyway, that was about the extent of my weekend. I did go to church yesterday and then to the folks' house but nothing exciting to report there. I mostly just ate and napped at the folks' house. Church was kind of blah. Our interim pastor leaves a lot to be desired. He's a nice man but his sermons...well, they're a good sleep aid. lol That's bad to think, much less say, right? But honesty and all that crap...
But yeah, that's my weekend. How was ya'lls?
Comments