Take that, bad week!
So, yesterday I got my a/c back AND the mess in the backyard is being worked on. Whatever test I was taking this week, I think I passed. I pray I did, anyway. And just so happens, I found this song...a new one by Faith Hill. It just feels like a fit after the rough week I had.
Red Umbrella
Sometimes life can get a little dark
I'm sure I've got bruises on my heart
Here come the black clouds full of pain
Yeah, you can break away without the chains
Your love is like a Red Umbrella
Walk the streets like Cinderella
Everyone can see it on my face
So let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
You can wear your sorrow like an old raincoat
You can save your tears in a bottle made of gold
But the glitter on the sidewalk always shines
Yeah, even God needs to cry sometimes
Your love is like a red umbrella
Always there to make me better
When my broken dreams
Are fallin' from the sky
Let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
Let it wash my tears away
Tomorrow's another day
So let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
I finally made it home last night. I think Mama was sad to see me go. Couldn't tell about Daddy. He's hard to read at times. Libby, I think was glad to be home. Even with the noise. She laid on top of me all night while we watched Ghost Hunters and ate tortilla chips and guacamole at the coffee table. hehehehe
I'm just purely exhausted, though. Between dealing with the landlord, running back and forth meeting the a/c man, being ousted from my space and back into the folks' house, the long commute--not to mention just the sheer aggrevation of the situation--I'm just physically and emotionally drained. Tired to the bone. My eyes feel heavy, my back aches. Basically I feel like a slug. lol
I am ever so thankful that it's over, though. I hate to question but I have to wonder why contentment can't seem to last longer than a minute for me? Why must there always be something or someone to come along and disturb my little apple cart. Am I that big a threat to the devil's plan? Or is it like this for everyone and I'm too self-absorbed to notice?
Yeah, it's probably the latter. lol
At any rate, I'm glad that this crisis is over. I think I can wait to see what the next one will be. Please? Can it wait?
Red Umbrella
Sometimes life can get a little dark
I'm sure I've got bruises on my heart
Here come the black clouds full of pain
Yeah, you can break away without the chains
Your love is like a Red Umbrella
Walk the streets like Cinderella
Everyone can see it on my face
So let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
You can wear your sorrow like an old raincoat
You can save your tears in a bottle made of gold
But the glitter on the sidewalk always shines
Yeah, even God needs to cry sometimes
Your love is like a red umbrella
Always there to make me better
When my broken dreams
Are fallin' from the sky
Let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
Let it wash my tears away
Tomorrow's another day
So let it rain
It's pourin' all around me
Let it fall
No it ain't gonna drown me
After all
I'm gonna be okay
So let it rain
I finally made it home last night. I think Mama was sad to see me go. Couldn't tell about Daddy. He's hard to read at times. Libby, I think was glad to be home. Even with the noise. She laid on top of me all night while we watched Ghost Hunters and ate tortilla chips and guacamole at the coffee table. hehehehe
I'm just purely exhausted, though. Between dealing with the landlord, running back and forth meeting the a/c man, being ousted from my space and back into the folks' house, the long commute--not to mention just the sheer aggrevation of the situation--I'm just physically and emotionally drained. Tired to the bone. My eyes feel heavy, my back aches. Basically I feel like a slug. lol
I am ever so thankful that it's over, though. I hate to question but I have to wonder why contentment can't seem to last longer than a minute for me? Why must there always be something or someone to come along and disturb my little apple cart. Am I that big a threat to the devil's plan? Or is it like this for everyone and I'm too self-absorbed to notice?
Yeah, it's probably the latter. lol
At any rate, I'm glad that this crisis is over. I think I can wait to see what the next one will be. Please? Can it wait?
Comments
Seriously, glad you got the AC sorted out. Think he'd be willing to check out my freezer? I'm tired of mopping up puddles every day and you know the staff here isn't going to do anything about it. Heck, I told them about the sticky side door lock a week ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Guess they're waiting until people are actually trapped inside the building.
:-\