Christmas...already?

Christmas is buzzing in library-land. We're having a Gala Showcase tomorrow night and the theme is, of course, Christmas. The library smells wistfully of pine and is elegant in all things green, red and gold. It's all very lovely but...

It's early November. We haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving. It feels entirely too early.

But, then, this is from a chick who used to start playing Christmas music in October. Who just today bought two new Christmas CD's and the DVD of Garfield's old Christmas special. I couldn't help myself.

*sigh*

I love the Christmas season. I can't lie. I mean, I could, but I won't. It's my most favorite season of the year. Everything glitters. Everything smells better. There's a sort of excitement in the air that I don't really feel any other time. Granted, the "feel good" of the season has lessened as I get older and the world gets more and more PC, sucking all the joy from it. But that's a rant for another day. lol

At anyrate, I'm looking forward to Christmas. BUT, could I chew on a turkey first? Please?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today