A Craptastic Day

Truly, truly, this has been one of the most craptastic days. Week, actually.

First, yesterday morning my mother informed me of a procedure that my estranged grandfather is having. He didn't tell us. No, he never does. One of my cousins who is also estranged from him found out by accident (eavesdropping on her mother and our step-grandmother, no doubt) and passed the info along to us. Apparently it was a minor procedure but because of his bad health there was potential for a number of things to go wrong...like, he could die. We haven't heard anything more so I'm assuming no news is good news.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to one day open the paper and find his obituary--or worse, have someone stop me somewhere to give me condolences and me not have a CLUE what they're talking about. When he said we were out of his life, he meant it, I guess. There have been countless other surgeries or procedures he's had over the years that we either found out the day of or months afterward...never by him. Sometimes Daddy's sister will call. Sometimes the cousin. Sometimes mutual friends.

It's one thing for he and Daddy to hate each other's guts. It's another for him to cut us out of his life, as well. But that's the sort of hateful man he's become. Which is sad because I remember a time long long ago when he was the best grandfather a little girl could ask for. I adored him. But then, I only saw him through a child's eyes. Glad I never knew then what I know now. Bad enough that he's no longer that same devoted grandfather but to have never known that devotion would have been truly sad.

*sigh*

But wait, it gets better. My mother has to go to Tupelo Friday to have a catherization (or however it's spelled) done. She went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago and described a "spell" she'd had in Wal-Mart that scared her...chest pains, shortness of breath and nausea. He immediately made her an appointment with a cardiologist. Well, that was today. Cardiologist thinks she may have had a slight heart attack. Classics symptoms for heart attack in women. So they're doing the catherization Friday. Daddy's likely going with her. I want to, but my supervisor is having surgery Friday so I can't take off work.

Good news (if you can call it that) cardiologist said that if they did have to do any sort of procedure it would likely be something simple like a stint or something that would be just a couple days in the hospital at most. So if there's anything really wrong, let's just all pray that it's minor, okay? Thanks.

And to just put an extra layer of stink on all the crappiness...My computer here at work (the one at my cube) has contracted a horrendous virus that happily invites all sorts of OTHER viruses to come check out the goods. I've been dealing with that for TWO DAYS. Started Monday just before I left. I put in a ticket with Systems yesterday and they (he) didn't show up until today...after I called and pleaded for help. He's still working on it as we speak. Apparently its a nasty little beast who's enjoying taunting him. I say...toss the grub out and start fresh. I've never liked that computer anyhow. LOL

So...that's where I was yesterday...or why I wasn't here. I know I promised ya'll some Thanksgiving recaps but you know, in light of the recent days I'm just not feeling that holiday glow anymore. It wasn't anything to really write home about anyway so ya'll aren't missing anything.

Anyway, just please keep my g-pa and Mama in your prayers. And pray, too, that I don't toss my computer out the window and have to pay a ginormous fine to replace it. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
((((( H U G S )))))

Here's hoping today was a much day for you!
Jana said…
Thanks, Heather.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today