The Tree

Looks pretty much the same as it always does. I've got a couple new ornaments on there but for the most part, it's my usual tree. I try to get a new ornament or two each year in hopes that if I'm ever able to graduate to a larger tree, I'll have plenty of ornaments with which to decorate it.

The only thing really different this year is that my little three footer is sitting on the floor instead of the coffee table in front of the window like it did at the house.

Speaking of trees and windows, though...a neighbor across the street from me has a big lush one set up in front of her front window. Our duplexes have the long windows in them so you can pretty much see the entire tree. When it's lit up at night, it's really very pretty. She uses white lights on hers.

I'm a colored lights gal, myself. I like the ones that "dance" too. hehehe Feels more festive to me. And reminds me of home.
When we were kids we had those big fat old fashioned colored lights that you don't see much of anymore. It wasn't until we were older that my parents started purchasing the tiny colored blinking lights. And much later after that that we graduated to the "dancing" lights. But something about the rhythmic movement of the lights as they dance across the tree feels fun and good to me. Feels like home.
Sis2 and Goofus got a real tree this year. Their artificial is somewhere in storage and they couldn't get to it. I think the real one is gorgeous, though. It's full and lush. If real weren't so much trouble with all the watering and stuff, I'd have gone for one. I can't keep a houseplant alive, though. How am I supposed to remember to water a tree? LOL




Comments

Heather said…
Nice! I hope Libby doesn't try to topple it or steal ornaments for her own!

(And hey--you should try to get a pic of that neighbor's tree. Hehe...)
Jana said…
Libby's been pretty good about leaving the tree alone. There's one present beneath it that seems to fascinate her, though. I have my friend Laura's gift in a tiny little gift bag stuffed with tissue paper. Every time Libby walks past it she has to stop and stick her nose in it. Doesn't bother to carry it off or dig the paper out--just sticks her nose in it as though she's trying to see what's inside. lol

(And I've actually thought about doing that--taking a pic of the neighbor's tree...hehehe)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today