Weekend Review

So I've kinda lapsed on the WR's in past weeks. Ya'll probably don't care much because honestly, it's not like anything I do is all that interesting anyway. lol But because it's good for ME to remind myself that I don't just sit on my butt all weekend, here's an attempt to get back to what used to be a great way for me to start my Mondays.

So Friday Sis2 called me at work and asked me to babysit. I'm pretty sure that one of the biggest reasons they moved back here was for the free babysitting but you know I don't care. lol Alyssa and I spent a happy four hours together. She's such a joy. She emptied my purse out two or three times (one of her favorite activities). I have this giant purse that's normally full to capacity with junk. And she loves exploring all that junk. hehehe Then we ate supper (she ate all of her green beans, most of her taters and some of her apples but got distracted when she saw me eating vanilla wafers--of course she wanted what I had. hehehe) and played in her room for a while. She was so cute, too, how excited she got when I followed her into her room, sat on the floor and played with her toys. She had to show me everything in her toy basket, we had to wrestle some of her stuffed toys from Libby and then she did the whole "walk behind Aunt Jana and pretend she can't see you" game. lol

Finally, around seven or so, we settled down in the living room and watched Frosty the Snowman. Well, I watched Frosty. She dozed off and on until she got thirsty. Then she drank her juice and chased Libby around the apartment until Libby got tired, surrendered and let her catch her. By 8:30 both of them were conked out and Sis2 said Lyssa slept just about all night. Maybe Aunt Jana and Libby should come over and exhaust the baby more often. lol

Saturday I got up early and went grocery shopping. And by early, I mean, I was in the store by 7:15am. I hate shopping anyway and hate it even more when stores are crowded so I always go super early. My mother knows this, but I think in her mind me saying early means eight or nine instead of seven...being I'm a lazy bum and all, you know. So she calls me at nearly eight and I'm just about to check out. Asks me if it's too late to meet her there so I can give her Christmas ideas. She's in shock when I tell her I'm about to check out and go home. lol So I had to go home, eat breakfast and then go BACK to the store to walk around with Mama and show her a few things I wouldn't mind unwrapping on Christmas morning. Which was actually fun. I mean, I don't really need a lot of stuff--there's a lot of stuff I'd LOVE to own--but ever since I moved this summer and had to move all the junk I already own, owning "stuff" isn't nearly as appealing as it used to be. Especially since (Lord willing) I'll be moving again this coming summer.

After our Christmas list gathering expedition, I went back home, showered, put a load of clothes on to wash and then met Mama for lunch. We had planned on meeting at Ruby Tuesday's but as fate would have it, we both forgot that Saturday was graduation at the university. She got there first and said there were people lined up out the door, all dressed to the hilt, having just left graduation. So we met at Wendy's instead. I like Wendy's but man, I was craving an Avocado Turkey burger. lol

Before I went home, I stopped by Tuesday Morning. It's only been opened a few weeks but already it's one of the busiest places in town. And since it's not very big, it's crowded. If I hadn't wanted to get some deeply discounted scrapbooking stuff, I'd have totally skipped it. But I wanted to get some materials together so that I can work on some scrapbooking projects while I'm off. I was in a near panic by the time I left, though. Folks crowding the narrow aisles, not letting a girl through, rushing me down whatever aisle I happened to get to--just over all not the best shopping experience. I did get a new photo album, one new scrapbook, and some fancy do-dads to use in it for about $20. So I guess it was worth it.

To recover from the trauma, I went home and got in my "lounge wear" to finish laundry, play with the Devil Pup, clean the kitchen and do all the little stuff I do on Saturdays. Had to stomach an unscheduled visit from the sleazy maintenance man concerning the leak that still hasn't been fixed in my living room ceiling. Thankfully either he was smart enough to get my "I loathe you vibes" or he was in a hurry because he didn't stick around long and didn't bother with the cheap come ons. He did, however, leave behind a thick fog of cigarette stink. I guess he'd just finished puffing before he came in the house. I had to get the Febreeze and spray the carpet and air to get the stink out.

Needless to say, having to see him again (especially since I had BEGGED my landlord to hire a professional roofer to repair the leak) put a temporary damper on my otherwise lovely Saturday. Blech!

Saturday night I watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and a couple Christmas movies while lounging on the couch eating Christmas cookies and fighting the DP for the crumbs.

The folks had kept Lyssa Saturday night so she was with us at church Sunday morning. She was such a good little baby. Fell asleep halfway through the service but boy did she enjoy the song portion of the service. Her little eyes were so big and she clamoured over to me and watched my lips while I sang. I think we've got us another little singer in training. heheheh

We also had a vote on a potential new pastor. A young guy and his family came last Sunday for a trial sermon. He didn't get voted in...so we're still without a pastor. I wasn't terribly fond of his preaching--he's very new at it and needs some practice but I think he'd have done alright. It's hard for small country churches to find pastors. Preachers these days all want the big splashy churches with the big splashy salaries.

Anyway, after church, Mama, Lyssa and I met Sis2 and Goofus for lunch in town and then us women left Goofus with Lyssa and went to see Four Christmases. It was a fun movie. Vince Vaughn is hilarious. It's heavy on the physical comedy, though, so if that's not your thing you may not like it.

I watched Snow and Snow 2 on the family channel last night and that pretty much wraps up my weekend.

Looking forward to another rainy week ahead BUT since this is my last full week before Christmas break, I don't care. hehehe Three cheers for Christmas break!

Comments

Heather said…
I watched Snow and Snow 2 on the family channel last night

Hey, me too! Preceeded by Snow Globe, Santa Baby, and Holiday in Handcuffs -- yes, I was a slug most of the weekend, with two movie marathons.

I did go to the bank and grocery store Saturday morning, and arrived home just ahead of the rain/drizzle. Since there was no going out again that day (or the next either, really), I curled up with a pile of holiday movies: Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Scrooged, and It's a Wonderful Life. And a good book, of course.

It's couch potato days like this when I miss not being able to cross-stitch the most. At least then I had something to show for my hours in front of the TV, LOL! Darn elbow needs to heal for good already...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today