The Good, the Not So Bad and the Sad

The weekend was mostly good. I managed to control myself and only ate out at breakfast both Sat. and Sun.. I'm a breakfast ho, what can I say? lol But I stayed under budget while grocery shopping so kuddos to me. I officially have nothing to eat but I'm under budget, dangit! hehehe

Spent most of Saturday morning cleaning the house. Got the kitchen sparkling--even the table is completely cleared of all the junk that has resided there for the past however long. Got the carpet vacuumed, the DP's toys picked up, linens changed on the bed and all the laundry done. By the time I sat down at 1:00, I was exhausted.

My neighbor and her daughter came by selling girl scout cookies. I've determined that Girl Scouts are evil. LOL I bought a couple of boxes to help her out. Am determined that I SHALL NOT eat them all in one night. Fortunately I have until mid-February to convince myself that I'm not full of crap. hehehe

Sunday after church, Mama and I went to my g-parents' house to visit with them and my Georgia aunt and uncle. They didn't get to come home for Christmas so they made the trip this weekend on their way home from a business trip. It was good to see them but annoying that they are still trying to get me to come visit them in Georgia. Not that I don't WANT to but a) I can't afford it, b) it's a hassle to get there and c) not like I'm terribly close to them enough that I'd want to spend the money to come visit them for a weekend. But it was good to see them anyway. Both of their daughters are pregnant. One due in February with her third and the other due in August with her first. I can remember quite clearly when their girls were much younger, harassing me to play with them. LOL I'm about four or five years older than the oldest daughter. Weird to think of them as mothers. *shakes head*

Had some sad news, though. One of my former childhood pastors' daughter passed away Saturday. She was only 38 or 39. I remember her quite fondly from my childhood. she played the piano at our church and would always run up to me after the service and hug the dickens out of me. I didn't get a lot of positive attention from the "youth" back then so it was always special that she and her older sister made me their pet.

We went to the funeral today and it was just so sad. I hadn't really seen her in years. Probably not since I was about 12 or so, but I've seen her father numerous times in recent years and still recall her quite fondly. But what made me really cry was seeing her family grieving. Her sister and brother leaning on each other--her children turning to their aunt and uncle for comfort. Her poor bereaved mother. It was just so incredibly sad. And having two older sisters of my own, I can only imagine how horrific it would feel to lose one of them.

After the funeral we went to Huddle House for lunch--sort of just enjoying being together and being thankful that we still all had each other, yanno?

Alyssa charmed the waitress into giving her free milk and orange juice. LOL I ate quite possibly the LARGEST western omelet that I've ever clapped eyes on--And enjoyed every bite. But now I'm sleepy. I thought protein was supposed to perk you up. hehehe

I had some encouraging results from the scale this morning, though. I've lost 4 of the 7 or 8 lbs that I gained over the holidays. Part of it may have been water weight but either way, I'm pleased. 4lbs is 4lbs as far as I'm concerned. Fingers crossed that I can stick to it and reach my goal.

Anyway, I need to get back to work. Maybe, I dunno, accomplish something? ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
So sorry to hear of your sad day, but congrats on the loss of those four pounds. I know you can attain your weight goal and so much more! ((hugs))

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today