I Realized...
I don't write my blogs in quite the same manner that I used to. It's weird, too, 'cause I don't really consider myself to have changed all that much in the past three years. I suppose I have, I just didn't realize it until I started a project that entailed printing out all my past blog entries. In doing so, I've sort of skimmed through some of them from when I first started this blog. I was a little surprised to see that my "voice" has changed a lot on here since then.
For one, I finally started remembering to use spell check. Something, I'm sad to say, I didn't do a lot of back in the day. And boy, can you tell it! My spelling is atrocious! LOL I even have a post here somewhere that details that fact but still...if a publisher were to ever read this blog they'd never even THINK of signing me to a book contract. hehehe
For another thing my LIFE has changed a lot in three years. I've been injured, gave a dog away, got a new dog, moved homes, changed jobs, lost friends, made new friends, figured a few things out, changed my mind about some ideas I once held and generally I think I grew up a little bit. Not much...but a little bit.
But what sortta bugs me the most about this difference is that I seem to censor myself more now than I did. I don't know that this is necessarily a BAD thing, but I feel like in doing so, I lost a lot of the therapeutic elements of blogging. And I don't really quite know why that is. I mean, I do still over share at times, I'm sure, but I don't feel as though my current posts have the same kind of innocent puppy dog trust as my older posts did.
Or maybe I just am not as excited about my life as I once was. lol
Whatever the case may be, here's to hoping that in revisiting my older posts, I find some way to revitalize myself.
For one, I finally started remembering to use spell check. Something, I'm sad to say, I didn't do a lot of back in the day. And boy, can you tell it! My spelling is atrocious! LOL I even have a post here somewhere that details that fact but still...if a publisher were to ever read this blog they'd never even THINK of signing me to a book contract. hehehe
For another thing my LIFE has changed a lot in three years. I've been injured, gave a dog away, got a new dog, moved homes, changed jobs, lost friends, made new friends, figured a few things out, changed my mind about some ideas I once held and generally I think I grew up a little bit. Not much...but a little bit.
But what sortta bugs me the most about this difference is that I seem to censor myself more now than I did. I don't know that this is necessarily a BAD thing, but I feel like in doing so, I lost a lot of the therapeutic elements of blogging. And I don't really quite know why that is. I mean, I do still over share at times, I'm sure, but I don't feel as though my current posts have the same kind of innocent puppy dog trust as my older posts did.
Or maybe I just am not as excited about my life as I once was. lol
Whatever the case may be, here's to hoping that in revisiting my older posts, I find some way to revitalize myself.
Comments