I'm So Ready...
To lose this extra weight. My favorite pair of slacks are still tight and it's making me want to cry. *sigh* Funny how easy it is to pack the pounds ON but how seemingly impossible it is to get them OFF. I know, slow and steady wins the race. But sheesh! I want to be able to wear my fave slacks and not have a permanent imprint of the fastener on my belly. lol
In other news, sometimes I'm too southern. *sigh* It's like FREEZING here (well, to me, it's freezing. To others elsewhere it's a veritable heatwave. lol) and guess who forgot to pull out her gloves and scarf this morning? Yep. AND I pulled my hair up in a ponytail this morning, like a ditz. Needless to say my ears and neck were quite cold on the walk to the building, as were my hands and my nose. At least I remembered to grab my coat, right? hehehehe
I think I'd like to ship my student assistants off to military school. They're a bunch of slackers. Second week of school and they're already calling in to be out. *shakes head* Back when I was a student assistant I rarely EVER called in. I was at work when I said I'd be unless I was too sick to roll out of bed or had a major test to study for. Which, lets face it, I rarely studied so I think I only called in ONCE to study for a test in the whole four years I worked as a student assistant. LOL
I think "kids" these days just don't have any concept of what responsibility is. Or time management. Or anything like that. Which is totally going to bite them in the butt when they get out into the world and get jobs that will fire your ass if you call in every other day with little nonsense reasons.
Not much else going on in my life these days. Which I think is fairly good. Could be worse, you know? Sometimes it's nice to be a little bored. lol
In other news, sometimes I'm too southern. *sigh* It's like FREEZING here (well, to me, it's freezing. To others elsewhere it's a veritable heatwave. lol) and guess who forgot to pull out her gloves and scarf this morning? Yep. AND I pulled my hair up in a ponytail this morning, like a ditz. Needless to say my ears and neck were quite cold on the walk to the building, as were my hands and my nose. At least I remembered to grab my coat, right? hehehehe
I think I'd like to ship my student assistants off to military school. They're a bunch of slackers. Second week of school and they're already calling in to be out. *shakes head* Back when I was a student assistant I rarely EVER called in. I was at work when I said I'd be unless I was too sick to roll out of bed or had a major test to study for. Which, lets face it, I rarely studied so I think I only called in ONCE to study for a test in the whole four years I worked as a student assistant. LOL
I think "kids" these days just don't have any concept of what responsibility is. Or time management. Or anything like that. Which is totally going to bite them in the butt when they get out into the world and get jobs that will fire your ass if you call in every other day with little nonsense reasons.
Not much else going on in my life these days. Which I think is fairly good. Could be worse, you know? Sometimes it's nice to be a little bored. lol
Comments
OMG! Okay, we apparently talk to each other waaaay too much, because I JUST posted a similar comment on my blog (right down to using the word veritable!) in reply to a comment YOU left ME. ROFLMBO...
As for kids these days... Um, yeah. No concept of responsibility or respect for others at all.
I was wondering...have you tried any of Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs? She has a new one that is curretly half price at Amazon, Leslie Sansone: 5 Day Slim Down. A friend turned me on to these, which are especially great when the weather is too sucky to walk outdoors--and you don't need any extra exercise equipment, either.