Lexington, KY
My poor BIL got sent out over a week ago (maybe two weeks. I can't remember) to do a couple of jobs (aerial photos from a helicopter for a survey company). First they had snow in Arkansas and couldn't do the photos so they moved on to the job in Kentucky. Now they're snowed in there. lol
Here's what he had to say about Lexington:
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. NOT!
Its been snowing so hard that its almost like rain. Early this morning some of the flakes were well over 2 inches in diameter. We have power at the hotel, but its out sporadically all over town. Tree limbs are scattered everywhere, worse than you would normally see after a major storm with high winds.
The fire department has been getting a work-out for the last two days. We hear the sirens and watch the trucks go by the hotel at least every three or four hours.
Probably nothing compaired to what some of you further north experience all the time in winter, but BIL's a southern boy...and I don't think Kentucky's all that used to this sort of thing, either. lol
Here's a few shots he emailed us this morning. I have no idea where any of these are other than Lexington, KY. I imagine the biggest portion of them were taken from his hotel room window or the lobby or something. When he left AL we were having temps in the upper 50's so he didn't take any heavy winter gear. LOL

Here's what he had to say about Lexington:
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. NOT!
Its been snowing so hard that its almost like rain. Early this morning some of the flakes were well over 2 inches in diameter. We have power at the hotel, but its out sporadically all over town. Tree limbs are scattered everywhere, worse than you would normally see after a major storm with high winds.
The fire department has been getting a work-out for the last two days. We hear the sirens and watch the trucks go by the hotel at least every three or four hours.
Probably nothing compaired to what some of you further north experience all the time in winter, but BIL's a southern boy...and I don't think Kentucky's all that used to this sort of thing, either. lol
Here's a few shots he emailed us this morning. I have no idea where any of these are other than Lexington, KY. I imagine the biggest portion of them were taken from his hotel room window or the lobby or something. When he left AL we were having temps in the upper 50's so he didn't take any heavy winter gear. LOL






Comments