Crash
Yesterday was lovely. Utterly fabulous.
I took the day off of work to get a few things done (a bank errand, trip to the vet for Libby's mani/pedi). Got up early and got all that business out of the way. Even went grocery shopping so I won't have to do that Saturday. (It's supposed to be a rainy mess by then.) On the way back from the vet's (it's out in the country) Libby and I took the long way home looking at houses and neighborhoods, trying to figure out what we want to and can do come July. Not much in the way we can afford but I'm trying to keep my eyes peeled, yanno? I have faith that the right home is waiting for us but faith without works is useless. So I'm trying to do my part.
Libby enjoyed the ride and just being out of the house and I did to. It's nice to do something different. Shake things up. With that in mind, I decided that I was NOT going to be content spending the rest of the day cooped up in the house even if it WAS 42 degrees out. So I loaded Libby back up in the car and drove around to the park. (Woulda walked but there aren't any sidewalks from my street to the park and heavy traffic abounds.) We walked the track at the park a couple rounds, played on the old abandoned b-ball court. It was really great. We mostly had the whole park to ourselves. Libby grinned the whole time and seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself--even if we did only stay out for about 15-20 minutes.
Then I dropped her off and went to get lunch at Subway. I had called Sis2 and asked if she was hungry for a sweet onion chicken teriakki--of course she was--so I went and picked us up a footlong to share. Ended up spending the rest of the afternoon with Sis2 and Lyssa in which we played inside and outside and ended up having to take Lyssa for a drive to get her to stop crying. She got to feeling crabby by 3 and we couldn't figure out anything else that would satisfy her. So we drove around town looking at more houses. Sis2 and Goofus are looking for a new place as well. Their lease is up at the end of April and they really want to rent a house instead of an apartment. They may have found something--if Sis2 can convince Goofus that they really can't afford a mansion--lol, so fingers crossed.
Last night was good, too. The neighbors were mostly quiet, Ugly Betty was entertaining and Libby slept most of the evening.
But today...*sigh*
I'm really just a little pissed off at Sis1. She and Emmy aren't coming home at all in March now. Her sister-in-law is flying into Jackson the weekend of the 28th so they'll probably go there instead. Which, yeah, I can begrudgingly understand. Her SIL lives in California so they don't get to see them all that often but...Grrr...she'd promised ME to come that weekend and take me out to make up for missing my birthday in lieu of her friend's wedding. Everything and everyone is more important to her. Or that's how it feels, anyway. I'm really trying not to get to upset about it, though, in light of the recent loss of a friend's sister...trying to remember how thankful I am that at least I still have both of my sisters. *sigh* Really makes me want to tell her she can stay elsewhere next weekend--that's if they even come.
I took the day off of work to get a few things done (a bank errand, trip to the vet for Libby's mani/pedi). Got up early and got all that business out of the way. Even went grocery shopping so I won't have to do that Saturday. (It's supposed to be a rainy mess by then.) On the way back from the vet's (it's out in the country) Libby and I took the long way home looking at houses and neighborhoods, trying to figure out what we want to and can do come July. Not much in the way we can afford but I'm trying to keep my eyes peeled, yanno? I have faith that the right home is waiting for us but faith without works is useless. So I'm trying to do my part.
Libby enjoyed the ride and just being out of the house and I did to. It's nice to do something different. Shake things up. With that in mind, I decided that I was NOT going to be content spending the rest of the day cooped up in the house even if it WAS 42 degrees out. So I loaded Libby back up in the car and drove around to the park. (Woulda walked but there aren't any sidewalks from my street to the park and heavy traffic abounds.) We walked the track at the park a couple rounds, played on the old abandoned b-ball court. It was really great. We mostly had the whole park to ourselves. Libby grinned the whole time and seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself--even if we did only stay out for about 15-20 minutes.
Then I dropped her off and went to get lunch at Subway. I had called Sis2 and asked if she was hungry for a sweet onion chicken teriakki--of course she was--so I went and picked us up a footlong to share. Ended up spending the rest of the afternoon with Sis2 and Lyssa in which we played inside and outside and ended up having to take Lyssa for a drive to get her to stop crying. She got to feeling crabby by 3 and we couldn't figure out anything else that would satisfy her. So we drove around town looking at more houses. Sis2 and Goofus are looking for a new place as well. Their lease is up at the end of April and they really want to rent a house instead of an apartment. They may have found something--if Sis2 can convince Goofus that they really can't afford a mansion--lol, so fingers crossed.
Last night was good, too. The neighbors were mostly quiet, Ugly Betty was entertaining and Libby slept most of the evening.
But today...*sigh*
I'm really just a little pissed off at Sis1. She and Emmy aren't coming home at all in March now. Her sister-in-law is flying into Jackson the weekend of the 28th so they'll probably go there instead. Which, yeah, I can begrudgingly understand. Her SIL lives in California so they don't get to see them all that often but...Grrr...she'd promised ME to come that weekend and take me out to make up for missing my birthday in lieu of her friend's wedding. Everything and everyone is more important to her. Or that's how it feels, anyway. I'm really trying not to get to upset about it, though, in light of the recent loss of a friend's sister...trying to remember how thankful I am that at least I still have both of my sisters. *sigh* Really makes me want to tell her she can stay elsewhere next weekend--that's if they even come.
Comments
As for your sister, next time her birthday comes round tell her you have other plans.