It's a Wednesday
Daddy thinks his lightheadedness yesterday was from a sugar low. Since he's been diagnosed diabetic back in Dec, he hasn't experienced one so he didn't know what it was and it scared him. He said after he ate a mashed banana and drank some milk he felt fine. Still some trace bleeding from his gums though. And my mother--I don't know what I'm going to do with her. She tripped and slid down the stairwell in our building this morning. She's okay but said her hip was already getting sore. These parents of mine. *shakes head* Don't know what I'm gonna do with 'em.
It was so cold last night that I was shivering on the couch with two shirts on with my pj bottoms, an afghan and the tower space heater directly turned on me. Seriously shivering. My feet felt like ice, my hands were stiff and the danged Devil Pup kept wanting to go outside. I don't know why I was so cold. I mean, yeah, it was miserably cold out but the inside temp was the same as always thanks to the nifty central heat. I guess I'd just gotten so cold from taking the DP out I just couldn't seem to get warm again. When I went to bed, I slept with the two shirts, the space heater on, and my down comforter tucked in around me. Woke up around midnight smothering. LOL turned the space heater off and I don't remember doing it--or how--but somehow I ended up with my undershirt off. LOL
Still bitterly cold today (Heather would think it warm, lol) at 20-something degrees. I actually got a slight headache from it while walking into the building this morning.
Oh, and the batteries died in my scale. *sigh* Yeah, technically, I'm not supposed to weigh until Monday (per my own set instructions) but I cheat. A lot. Keeps me honest. lol But yeah, went to step on it this morning and nothing but a blank screen. (I have a digital--love it) Color me frustrated because, of course I don't have extra batteries around the house. I think I have two energizer and one Duracell but the thing uses four. Now I'll hafta wait until Saturday to buy more and somehow squeeze the cost of batteries into my already stretched thin budget. (Yeah, I budget that tightly--especially since I hope to move again in July. Saving every penny in hopes of hiring a moving company this time. lol)
I had the weirdest dream last night, too. My family and I (the sis's, folks, BIL's) were walking around in the yard outside our church and there's a plane flying over. Mama yells to look and of course we all look up and realize that something if flapping around on the plane (the wings came loose maybe? I couldn't tell) and the plane looks like it's falling. All of a sudden the plane deploys what looks like a parachute that covers the plane and it goes bobbing around in the air like a balloon caught in the wind. At this point it looks more like a blimp than an airplane. All of a sudden, the plain catches a wind current, sails off toward the right and falls, crashing to the earth. We can't tell where it's landed exactly but we see a line of trees burst into flames and someone says it must have landed on hwy 47 (a highway several miles east of our church--not possible to see flames in real life from there. lol)
Everyone's all upset, of course, because we saw this plane go down, worrying about the people on board and if there were any "civilians" hurt on the ground. Sis1 is crying and I hug her to comfort her and Mama hugs her too and says, "Oh well, nothing we can do for them now. Let's go eat." From there we end up (magically--I don't recall the trip) in a dark restaurant with scarred tables that, apparently, we went to all the time, because Mama quipped a groan-worthy joke to the matre-d and I told her if she didn't stop with the corny jokes every time we came there, they wouldn't let us come back anymore. And suddenly our entire family's there--cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. all from Mama's side of the family and the dream gets hazy after that. LOL Weird, huh? I probably wouldn't want to know what a dream analyst would determine from THAT. ;-)
Anyway, it's a Wednesday. Joy.
It was so cold last night that I was shivering on the couch with two shirts on with my pj bottoms, an afghan and the tower space heater directly turned on me. Seriously shivering. My feet felt like ice, my hands were stiff and the danged Devil Pup kept wanting to go outside. I don't know why I was so cold. I mean, yeah, it was miserably cold out but the inside temp was the same as always thanks to the nifty central heat. I guess I'd just gotten so cold from taking the DP out I just couldn't seem to get warm again. When I went to bed, I slept with the two shirts, the space heater on, and my down comforter tucked in around me. Woke up around midnight smothering. LOL turned the space heater off and I don't remember doing it--or how--but somehow I ended up with my undershirt off. LOL
Still bitterly cold today (Heather would think it warm, lol) at 20-something degrees. I actually got a slight headache from it while walking into the building this morning.
Oh, and the batteries died in my scale. *sigh* Yeah, technically, I'm not supposed to weigh until Monday (per my own set instructions) but I cheat. A lot. Keeps me honest. lol But yeah, went to step on it this morning and nothing but a blank screen. (I have a digital--love it) Color me frustrated because, of course I don't have extra batteries around the house. I think I have two energizer and one Duracell but the thing uses four. Now I'll hafta wait until Saturday to buy more and somehow squeeze the cost of batteries into my already stretched thin budget. (Yeah, I budget that tightly--especially since I hope to move again in July. Saving every penny in hopes of hiring a moving company this time. lol)
I had the weirdest dream last night, too. My family and I (the sis's, folks, BIL's) were walking around in the yard outside our church and there's a plane flying over. Mama yells to look and of course we all look up and realize that something if flapping around on the plane (the wings came loose maybe? I couldn't tell) and the plane looks like it's falling. All of a sudden the plane deploys what looks like a parachute that covers the plane and it goes bobbing around in the air like a balloon caught in the wind. At this point it looks more like a blimp than an airplane. All of a sudden, the plain catches a wind current, sails off toward the right and falls, crashing to the earth. We can't tell where it's landed exactly but we see a line of trees burst into flames and someone says it must have landed on hwy 47 (a highway several miles east of our church--not possible to see flames in real life from there. lol)
Everyone's all upset, of course, because we saw this plane go down, worrying about the people on board and if there were any "civilians" hurt on the ground. Sis1 is crying and I hug her to comfort her and Mama hugs her too and says, "Oh well, nothing we can do for them now. Let's go eat." From there we end up (magically--I don't recall the trip) in a dark restaurant with scarred tables that, apparently, we went to all the time, because Mama quipped a groan-worthy joke to the matre-d and I told her if she didn't stop with the corny jokes every time we came there, they wouldn't let us come back anymore. And suddenly our entire family's there--cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. all from Mama's side of the family and the dream gets hazy after that. LOL Weird, huh? I probably wouldn't want to know what a dream analyst would determine from THAT. ;-)
Anyway, it's a Wednesday. Joy.
Comments