Miserable Cold

After weeks of avoiding it, it finally caught up with me. That nasty, vicious, vile cold that everyone else has had. Yep, I'm sick.

I hate colds. I especially hate that I had to spend my "fun money" (money earmarked for supper and a movie this weekend) on cold meds and tissues. Went last night and bought some Zycam and Nyquil. I figured between the two of them, one of them should knock the snot right out of this cold. Pardon the pun. lol

Except, the Zycam I got was the quick dissolve tabs and while they weren't that bad the first couple of doses, now they're just...Ugh! Gross. But, I don't see me swabbing anything and the spray mist things make me gag so the tabs were my last option.

The Nyquil, though...I loves me some Nyquil. Took it about fifteen minutes before I went to bed last night and I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. That stuff rawks! lol

Libby's a little confused by my new voice, though. I sound like a dude! LOL

But anyway, in less snotty news (sort of), Sis1 is trying to butter me up now. She's coming this weekend and says she wants to treat me to breakfast Saturday morning. Not sure I like the bribery, especially since it's so at odds with my personal goals. But I haven't exactly shared my personal goals with her (it's complicated) so she's using tactics that have always worked in the past. *sigh* Sad but true that I've always been easily bought with food in the past.

But I really am thinking of blowing off the breakfast idea. Not to punish her. Naw, I've pretty much already forgiven her, but with my current food issues and my goals seeming to lose enough ground already, I just really think the recriminations of it later aren't worth it just so she can ease her own conscience.

And just now she told me to get rid of my cold by this weekend because she needs a getaway weekend. Meaning, I guess, that if I'm still sick, she's staying elsewhere. Which honestly, would suit me fine. I'm not exactly feeling up to her drama right now.

Blech! I can still taste that Zycam.

In happier news, I'm still in love with Monday nights. Except...Last night's Medium was gross. Severed hands make me wanna puke. hehehe

Comments

Heather said…
(((HUGS))) I hope you feel better by this weekend. Perhaps you could tell your sister that while you appreciate the offer of breakfast you'd rather see a movie or attend some other event with her? Just a suggestion. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today