Oh how I long for...

the country.

Don't get me wrong. I love having fast food and fine dining five minutes away in either direction. But I long for the quiet peace of the country. Whatever made me think that I could be a "city" girl, anyhow?
Oh, right. I almost forgot. Mice, bad a/c and mold. AKA Desperation.

*sigh*
I just miss having a private yard in which to play with the Devil Pup. A yard that wasn't taken over by neighborhood kids each weekend. Honestly, I can't even take the DP outside to pee or poop because the kids are outside in all areas of the yard yelling and running amok. And the DP does NOT like noisy kids any better than I do. And these kids antagonize her which makes me harbor violent thoughts and violence against kids is bad. So generally I try to keep me and the DP inside.
This past Saturday I cranked up the stereo and blasted Kelly Clarkson in an attempt to keep the DP from hearing all the havoc outside. Even then she could still hear them when they'd get inside the entryway and scream bloody murder. I think my neighbor must have decided to try that trick too (even though her kid was one of the ones outside making noise) because in between CD changes, I could hear a very feint thump of music from the other side of the wall. She was either trying to drown out the kid's noise or mine. (Oops!)


It doesn't help that I read a few authors' blogs who live in the country and they talk about country life and wide open spaces and quiet and I get so jealous and twitchy with longing. And I go out to the folks' house on Sundays and walk Libby around their wide open yard with nary a neighbor, much less neighborhood kids, in sight. And she loves it. Running, jumping in the leaves, dive bombing the rocks in the driveway and tormenting all the big dogs (my dog Izzy and the folks' lab/chow, Coco) in the fenced back yard. lol


I'd miss the convenience of town, sure, but I miss the country more. Sure wish some cowboy would come take me away. Or at least rent me a house on twenty wooded acres.

Comments

Heather said…
Sure wish some cowboy would come take me away. Or at least rent me a house on twenty wooded acres.

Now, why do I suddenly have Paula Cole demanding to know "Where have all the cowboys gone?" in my head? Hehe...

Seriously, though I don't know if I would like being stranded out in the middle of nowhere (I'm basically a city girl, who doesn't have a car and likes conveniences), I am definitely tired of the rabbit warren and sharing walls with 23 other apartments. *sigh*

And ROFL...my word verification is "honest."
Jana said…
Yeah, I can see where you wouldn't like it. The only thing I ever really disliked about living in the country is how long it takes to get to town. Grocery shopping and driving 45 minutes to work becomes a major PITA...but, it's something I've lived with all my life until this past year when I moved to town. I could do it again if the trade off was my sanity. :-)

And LOL at your verification word.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today