Signs of Life
The first day of February was absolutely gorgeous. The sun was out, the sky was blue, a cool breezed tickled my hair against my face. I spent the day in a short sleeved t-shirt and jeans while Libby and I went exploring around the folks' yard. When what should before my wandering eye appear? There, amidst the mostly brown dead grass, Daffodils budding, getting ready to bloom.
I couldn't believe my eyes. So of course, I had to get photographic evidence to share with those of ya'll in the colder states still covered in white.
I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised. The Daffodils around here do tend to start blooming early but I don't think I've ever seen them bloom THIS early. And not with the cold we've had of late. A few warm days here and there, but nothing that I would think the Daffodils would find so inviting.
As I recall, though, the Daffodils had already bloomed when it snowed here in early March, last year. So what do I know of Daffodils?

Comments