Single Awareness Day

LOL I "heart" the above title so much, I think I'll keep it. Not sure who coined it, but my co-worker DD tweeted it Saturday and cracked me up. Yeah. I'm easily amused.

So, how did I spend my Single Awareness Day? Being blessedly single--and loving it.

For the first time since I was a kid--back before I cared about things like men and boyfriends and how depressing Valentine's Day could be--I actually enjoyed the day. I only almost cried once. And that one time had nothing to do with the lack of male companionship. No, I almost cried (and did actually cuss a little) because McDonald's screwed up my breakfast order. hehehehe

Well, it was very traumatic. I ordered my usual chicken biscuit meal (#6, if you wanna know) with a nonfat hazelnut cappuciano. First, I had to pull up and wait ten minutes at the drive through for them to bring my chicken biscuit. Then when I got home I realized that a) they'd forgotten to include my hashbrown and b) they'd forgotten to put the hazelnut syrup in my capp. which means it was just frothy unsweetened coffee. Blech! I did have actual tears, I swear. Tears of frustration because I wanted my hashbrown and hazelnut, darnit!

After I added a bit of sugar to the frothy coffee I felt a lot better, though. Sugar works wonders you know.

Then I went about the business of household chores (snore) and read until Mama and Daddy brought Lyssa by for her Mama to pick up. She'd spent Friday night with them and I'd asked Mama to bring her by to pick up her V-Day happy. (a funky card and M&M's). They stayed for about an hour or so which was fun. Lyssa was in a terrific mood and she and I played while Sis2 and the 'rents chatted.

Babies and sugar work wonders, yanno.

After they all left I treated myself to a good lunch from my favorite Chinese place. I'm so thoughtful like that. ;-) I went and got take-out, brought it home and enjoyed every bite of it. Well, the bites I didn't share with the Devil Pup, anyway. She and I enjoyed that Chinese even if it did make me gain two pounds in water weight. LOL
I also gave myself some chocolates because I know how much I love them. I'm so lucky to love myself so much, right? hehehe
Then I took the rest of the day off and read. I finished Dogs and Goddesses. (It was fabulous) and started reading The Host. (So far, so good.) The DP and I snuggled on the couch after supper and watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. It was pretty good, if not a little slow to start. Had a fabulous ending, though. The kind of ending that can only happen in movies. Or books, if the author does it just right.

And so it was that I had a fantastic Single Awareness Day. Because you know what I learned this year? (Finally!) It isn't about a relationship with a man or romantic love. It's about loving and being good to yourself and those around you. I love my family. I love my devilish puppy. And finally, after all these years, I love myself. And the best part is, I got a meal, a movie and chocolates and I didn't even have to put out or give up the remote control!

Comments

Heather said…
[T]he best part is, I got a meal, a movie and chocolates and I didn't even have to put out or give up the remote control!

ROFLMBO!

We had Ladies' Night Saturday--movies, fondue (three kinds: cheese, and both a cold and hot chocolate), alcohol and girl talk alllll night long--and no men or kids allowed. We didn't have to put out or give up the remote, either. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today