Tiredness. I has it.
I'm so tired today. The week has felt like a super busy one, for sure. Yesterday was, especially. I was on my feet and running from about 12:30 until ten minutes after I was supposed to go home. When I walked through the door of my apartment, I very nearly collapsed. lol
But of course the Devil Pup being who she is (she lives up to her nick name) wouldn't let me stay down for long. We had trips outside to make! Mail to retrieve! Food to eat! Bellies that needed scratching! Kisses that needed to be given! Bad breath to share!
lol
She did finally settle down about 6pm and we snuggled in the recliner while I read Jennifer Crusie's latest collaboration, Dogs and Goddesses. This one was co-written with Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich. I'm just past the first quarter of the book and so far, so good. The theme feels a little more toward the ridiculous but heck, sometimes ridiculous works. I especially love the talking dog aspect. Makes me wish the DP could talk. Or not. LOL
Then I got lost in Lost for about an hour. I swear, that show just keeps the hits coming. This season, so far, is much better than the last one (or three). Fingers crossed that it continues to be good. Confusing, but good, anyway.
Had a little moment of passive aggression, too. *sigh* I know, I know. But the neighbors just get on my nerves SO. BAD. with their constant in and out, slamming their door. They slammed their door so hard one time last night that the dishes in the kitchen cabinet rattled. So at least once when I took the DP out I slammed MY door super hard when I came back in. It wasn't nearly as hard as theirs but I think I got my point across. They didn't slam quite so hard the rest of the night.
I just don't see where all that slamming is necessary. I manage to step outside with the DP several times during the evenings and never feel the need to slam my door. If anything, I'm always super conscious of NOT slamming it or shutting it too hard because I want to be courteous to my neighbors. I NEVER forget that there are people sharing a wall. It helps that I'm never allowed to forget because they're so loud but still...I try to always think of how my actions may affect the quality of life next door. Maybe everyone's right. Maybe I am too nice. I should trash my porch and make a butt load of noise all night long. I should stand outside our front doors and talk loudly on my cell phone. Invite people over and have them scream on our front porch. I should toss cigarette butts on THEIR side of the lawn. Oh wait...I did that this morning. *blushes*
Another act of passive aggression, I guess. I found a cig. butt on my lawn when I took the DP out this morning and since I know I don't smoke and no one I'm friends with does either I politely picked it up and with a small amount of vengeance tossed it neatly onto the neighbor's patch of lawn. *sigh* I know. I should have tossed it in the trash but...*shrugs* I get sick of their crap and picking up the garbage they leave on my side of the lawn.
Anyway, I didn't mean to come in here to complain about my neighbors. Just a few more months(4.5!!) God willing, I'll be moving--hopefully back to the country. Or at least closer to the country.
So the rest of last night, I read some more and went to bed where I had the most delicious sleep I've had in ages. Well, that is until the DP decided at 3am that she HAD to go OUT! Since she doesn't do that all that often anymore I went ahead and go up with her. Took me a bit to get back to sleep, though. Pesky thoughts have a way of intruding on my need for slumber whenever I'm woken up at that hour.
And so here I am. Tired again already. Hungry and in need of a nap.
But of course the Devil Pup being who she is (she lives up to her nick name) wouldn't let me stay down for long. We had trips outside to make! Mail to retrieve! Food to eat! Bellies that needed scratching! Kisses that needed to be given! Bad breath to share!
lol
She did finally settle down about 6pm and we snuggled in the recliner while I read Jennifer Crusie's latest collaboration, Dogs and Goddesses. This one was co-written with Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich. I'm just past the first quarter of the book and so far, so good. The theme feels a little more toward the ridiculous but heck, sometimes ridiculous works. I especially love the talking dog aspect. Makes me wish the DP could talk. Or not. LOL
Then I got lost in Lost for about an hour. I swear, that show just keeps the hits coming. This season, so far, is much better than the last one (or three). Fingers crossed that it continues to be good. Confusing, but good, anyway.
Had a little moment of passive aggression, too. *sigh* I know, I know. But the neighbors just get on my nerves SO. BAD. with their constant in and out, slamming their door. They slammed their door so hard one time last night that the dishes in the kitchen cabinet rattled. So at least once when I took the DP out I slammed MY door super hard when I came back in. It wasn't nearly as hard as theirs but I think I got my point across. They didn't slam quite so hard the rest of the night.
I just don't see where all that slamming is necessary. I manage to step outside with the DP several times during the evenings and never feel the need to slam my door. If anything, I'm always super conscious of NOT slamming it or shutting it too hard because I want to be courteous to my neighbors. I NEVER forget that there are people sharing a wall. It helps that I'm never allowed to forget because they're so loud but still...I try to always think of how my actions may affect the quality of life next door. Maybe everyone's right. Maybe I am too nice. I should trash my porch and make a butt load of noise all night long. I should stand outside our front doors and talk loudly on my cell phone. Invite people over and have them scream on our front porch. I should toss cigarette butts on THEIR side of the lawn. Oh wait...I did that this morning. *blushes*
Another act of passive aggression, I guess. I found a cig. butt on my lawn when I took the DP out this morning and since I know I don't smoke and no one I'm friends with does either I politely picked it up and with a small amount of vengeance tossed it neatly onto the neighbor's patch of lawn. *sigh* I know. I should have tossed it in the trash but...*shrugs* I get sick of their crap and picking up the garbage they leave on my side of the lawn.
Anyway, I didn't mean to come in here to complain about my neighbors. Just a few more months(4.5!!) God willing, I'll be moving--hopefully back to the country. Or at least closer to the country.
So the rest of last night, I read some more and went to bed where I had the most delicious sleep I've had in ages. Well, that is until the DP decided at 3am that she HAD to go OUT! Since she doesn't do that all that often anymore I went ahead and go up with her. Took me a bit to get back to sleep, though. Pesky thoughts have a way of intruding on my need for slumber whenever I'm woken up at that hour.
And so here I am. Tired again already. Hungry and in need of a nap.
Comments
Two weeks ago, a neighbor complained to the office that I was yelling at her through the door for stomping like an uneducated rube when she came in from outside. People stand there and stomp their feet as hard as they can, often for several minutes on end, all hours of the day and night, with no regard for those living next to the exits (six apts total). There's no call for it and it's rude as heck.
Turns out, chick was eavesdropping outside my door when I was talking to someone else. You know the stomping is loud when people on the phone ask, "What was that?" IMO, if you're gonna eavesdrop, you deserve whatever you hear bad said about you. Second, if she took it that personally, maybe she should ask her guilty conscience why that is. Third, manager suggested to her that maybe they should show more courtesy to their neighbors by entering the building more quietly. Ha!
Hope your neighbors learn how to close a door without slamming it. Maybe if you do the same more often they'll get the picture.