Wanted
So last night I went home and snacked on Thin Mints (Girl Scouts are EVIL, btw), did a little bit of half-hearted aerobics and crashed on the couch to flip channels. Nothing that interests me comes on television on Tuesday nights. I've tried getting into The Mentalist because Simon Baker is, well, he's just yummy. And I like The Mentalist okay, it just doesn't inspire much devotion. Turns out the President was on last night anyway. And political speeches? Not so much.
(And how sad is it that my nights are so involved in television anyhow?)
I could have read but my brain is fuzzy from cold meds and I want to devote full attention to the novel I'm reading now. Which, btw, I put The Host on hold for now because oh my gosh, that book is going to take some mighty heaping helpings of concentration to get through. lol Instead, I started the latest Kristan Higgins, the title of which my fuzzy brain has apparently leaked out.
Anyway...I said all that to say that I got bored with television and instead watched my latest Netflix flick, Wanted. Granted, I'm not much of an Angelina Jolie fan but James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman? Totally. Which, turns out, there's not a whole heck of a lot of Angie and Morgan actually acting in it. Plenty of Yummy McAvoy, though, he's a little gruesome in this film. Lots of blood and F-bombs. Actually, blood and F-bombs are pretty much the bread and butter of this film. That, and cool special effects designed to make Angie look like the coolest chick ever. Although...there is a pretty fan-freakin'-tastic twist at the end that makes sitting through the blood, F-bombs and special effects worth it. hehehe
All in all, a pretty decent way to spend a couple of hours when there's nothing exciting on television and the brain's too fuzzy to read. The Devil Pup gave it a thumbs down, though. All my "eep"ing and covering my eyes disturbed her. She'd much rather I'd watched a romantic comedy. Or better still, ditched the TV and given her two straight hours of belly scratching.
;-)
(And how sad is it that my nights are so involved in television anyhow?)
I could have read but my brain is fuzzy from cold meds and I want to devote full attention to the novel I'm reading now. Which, btw, I put The Host on hold for now because oh my gosh, that book is going to take some mighty heaping helpings of concentration to get through. lol Instead, I started the latest Kristan Higgins, the title of which my fuzzy brain has apparently leaked out.
Anyway...I said all that to say that I got bored with television and instead watched my latest Netflix flick, Wanted. Granted, I'm not much of an Angelina Jolie fan but James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman? Totally. Which, turns out, there's not a whole heck of a lot of Angie and Morgan actually acting in it. Plenty of Yummy McAvoy, though, he's a little gruesome in this film. Lots of blood and F-bombs. Actually, blood and F-bombs are pretty much the bread and butter of this film. That, and cool special effects designed to make Angie look like the coolest chick ever. Although...there is a pretty fan-freakin'-tastic twist at the end that makes sitting through the blood, F-bombs and special effects worth it. hehehe
All in all, a pretty decent way to spend a couple of hours when there's nothing exciting on television and the brain's too fuzzy to read. The Devil Pup gave it a thumbs down, though. All my "eep"ing and covering my eyes disturbed her. She'd much rather I'd watched a romantic comedy. Or better still, ditched the TV and given her two straight hours of belly scratching.
;-)
Comments