Dogs and Babies
We've long teased that Lyssa learns a lot of things from the Devil Pup. Eating off the floor, begging for food, running amok, etc. Yesterday, she tried to learn to EAT like the DP. *groan*
Sis2 and Lyssa stopped by after I got home from work yesterday. As usual, I sat in the floor and played with her and Libby while I visited with Sis2. Lyssa is old enough now that she likes to explore my apartment and I let her. Not a whole lot she can get into since I've basically had to baby proof it for the DP anyway. Except...
Lyssa brought me the DP's food dish and of course, upon seeing it, the DP got excited. I wasn't thinking clearly, since I rarely do, and put some food in it. Of course the DP dove face first into it all happy and because she likes to do what the DP does, Lyssa tried to dive face first into the bowl. *shakes head* And when that didn't work she snatched a piece of dog food and shoved it in her mouth. *groan* Thankfully, we got her to spit out almost immediately and had a good laugh about it.

So I moved the DP's food bowl back to the kitchen thinking (stupidly) that that would deter Lyssa from copying the DP anymore. It so didn't. lol But she sat and watched the DP crunching away and then the DP showed her how to drink from the water bowl. No, we didn't actually let her DRINK from it, but she sure tried, bless her heart. And couldn't understand WHY it was such a big deal. Bibby, as she calls her, makes it look so fun!

So when she couldn't get a drink from the water bowl, Lyssa brought me my glass of water and proceeded to slurp it up like the DP does. lol
Smart little dickens, ain't she?
Sis2 and Lyssa stopped by after I got home from work yesterday. As usual, I sat in the floor and played with her and Libby while I visited with Sis2. Lyssa is old enough now that she likes to explore my apartment and I let her. Not a whole lot she can get into since I've basically had to baby proof it for the DP anyway. Except...
Lyssa brought me the DP's food dish and of course, upon seeing it, the DP got excited. I wasn't thinking clearly, since I rarely do, and put some food in it. Of course the DP dove face first into it all happy and because she likes to do what the DP does, Lyssa tried to dive face first into the bowl. *shakes head* And when that didn't work she snatched a piece of dog food and shoved it in her mouth. *groan* Thankfully, we got her to spit out almost immediately and had a good laugh about it.

So I moved the DP's food bowl back to the kitchen thinking (stupidly) that that would deter Lyssa from copying the DP anymore. It so didn't. lol But she sat and watched the DP crunching away and then the DP showed her how to drink from the water bowl. No, we didn't actually let her DRINK from it, but she sure tried, bless her heart. And couldn't understand WHY it was such a big deal. Bibby, as she calls her, makes it look so fun!

So when she couldn't get a drink from the water bowl, Lyssa brought me my glass of water and proceeded to slurp it up like the DP does. lol
Smart little dickens, ain't she?
Comments