Down by the Water

After I got off work Saturday, I looped around and picked up a Java Chiller from Sonic. Bad Jana, I know. But I wasn't really hungry and I knew I would be if I didn't get something and well, Java Chillers are to die for. hehehe

Sis1 had already taken the Devil Pup on out to the folks' house so all I had to do was swing by the apartment and pick up my bag to spend the night. By the time I got out there, everyone else had already eaten lunch, Lyssa was sacked out on Nana and Bobo, Emmy and Sis1 were off playing on the 4-wheeler. Sis2 and Goofus were sprawled on the couch like lazy bums so I sat and petted the DP and Scarlett. The dogs are better company anyway. hehehe

About an hour later we finally rounded up the troops and went fishing. Goofus actually beat us all down there. Emmy and I walked down to the pond together and Daddy hooked me up with my rod and reel already baited. Unfortunately I didn't catch anything. I almost caught one but I, err, had sort of almost dozed off when Sis2 and Goofus started yelling at me. I jerked the pole too soon and lost it. *sigh*

It was such a gorgeous day out, though. Like, seriously gorgeous. Blue sky littered with puffy white clouds, a sweet breeze and clear crisp air. Not cold and not hot. Just a really perfect day. And I was tired and comfy and all that fresh air after months of being cooped up--well, it just went straight to my head. Didn't even get so much as a nibble after that. Sis1 caught a couple, though, as did Daddy and Goofus. Sis2 didn't fish. She just visited while the rest of us fished. Emmy didn't even get a nibble, bless her heart. She was so disappointed.

With all the rain we've had this year, though, the pond had finally really filled back up. The past few summers with all the droughts had really done a number on it. For the first time in 3 years, the pond is full up to the bank and almost ready to spill over. So much easier fishing when the pond's full like that and you don't have to climb up and down the bank to get to the water.

Mama brought Lyssa down there for a little bit, her first trip to the pond. Little stinker kept wanting to get in the water. lol She got to see her first fish and Bobo and Goofus let her "fish" with them for a little while. She tickled us the way she'd dip the tip of the rod into the water and jerk it back up as though she knew exactly what she was doing. And such concentration. She took her fishing really seriously. lol

I guess it was close to 5:30 or 6 when we finally packed it in. Mama and Daddy had already left to get supper cooked. Daddy grilled burgers and smoked sausages and Mama fixed potato salad. It was all good.

The only pall of the day was the fact that Granny had gone to the ER with breathing problems. My aunt and uncle took her and it was an unholy mess because the ER they took her to is full of quack doctors. She was there half the day before they even saw her. When they finally DID get to her, they diagnosed her with congestive heart failure and said they'd found a mass on her lungs. But they didn't give her anything to draw the fluid off her heart. They just sent her home and set up an appointment with a Pulmonalogist (I guess that's how it's spelled. I really don't know) for Monday. (yesterday.) So yesterday the Pulmonalogist said he couldn't find a mass on her lungs and didn't know what the ER doctors had seen. He said there wasn't a whole lot of fluid but he couldn't tell where it was coming from or why. So she's going back today for another test or two to see what's really going on. Fingers crossed it isn't anything serious.

Sunday we had a preacher come preach a trial sermon. We're supposed to vote on him next Sunday. He was alright, I guess. An older gentleman, kinda shy. His wife's really friendly but I got annoyed because she kept pronouncing "Library" as "Libary." As one who works in a library, that really got on my nerves. LOL Everyone seemed to really like them, though, so I guess we'll have a new pastor soon. In a way I'm glad but in a way I'm a little nervous. Change is always hard and it's even harder getting to know someone from scratch like that. It's such a small church that whoever we choose will be all up in our Kool-Aid so it's vital that we find a pastor that we'll all really mesh with. Maybe we've found him. I guess we'll see.

Yesterday, I felt as though I'd be smacked over the head and dragged to work. Daylight savings time really kicked my butt. I nearly fell asleep at my desk numerous times. So sad. lol

But here I am, back again to face another day. Another long, boring day, at that. Pray I survive.

Comments

Heather said…
At least someone had good weather this weekend. We've had four days of rain (actually rain changing to snow on Sunday). As for DST...didn't phase me a bit, since I was sick Sunday and Monday and slept half the day anyway. Guess there was some benefit to having the flu. (NOT!)
Heather said…
PS. I hope your grandmother is okay!
Jana said…
The rain's coming for us tonight and on through till Tuesday. Hope you're feeling better.

I haven't heard what they found out about my g-mother. Nobody ever thinks to tell me anything. *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today