Mother Nature's Bipolar

Or something.


Friday was a storm of wild proportions. Tornado watches and warnings included.
Saturday was cold and dismal going to work.

Sunday morning I stepped outside, stopped in my tracks and yelled "Oh my word! When did this happen?"


Yeah. It snowed. Newscasters said it's the first significant amount of snow our area of the deep south has had in nearly ten years! Significant in the likes of 3-5 inches. I know that's INsignificant to the northern porton of the US but for us it was like a magical wonderland of cold.

Libby, though we'd had that light dusting of snow last year, wasn't altogether sure what to make of all the cold stuff blanketing the grass. She couldn't quite figure out how to pee on it. It's cold on the nether regions, yanno. LOL I was reluctant to disturb any of it, knowing it wouldn't be around for long. All of the neighborhood kids got out and played in it, though. I'm pretty sure I found at least two snowballs on our sidewalk when I took Libby out the second time of the morning. Most of the snow was (sadly) gone by then.

The neighbor and her daughter built a snow hooker. At least it looks like a snow hooker to me. A drunk one, at that.

Libby's an even tougher critic than me. She barked at the poor thing. hehehe

Even though the roads were pretty clear, I declared myself a snow day and stayed home with Libby instead of going to church and the folks' house. We snuggled in on the couch and watched DVD's and ate girl scout cookies. Well, I ate cookies. Libby couldn't have any because they're chocolate. But she let me know how hurt her feelings were hurt. hehehe






Comments

Heather said…
R O F L M B O

Ha! Now multiply that three inches by 23 and you'll know how I've felt this year -- though granted we've had 30 fewer inches than last year. You should see the pics Lynn posted on her blog. She, Kate and Tammy had more than six over in the Atlanta area. Here? Sunny, brutally cold, and NO SNOW.
Heather said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said…
Oh, and put down those thin mints NOW. What do you think you're doing, young lady? Do you know how many calories are in those things?!
Jana said…
LOL Yes, m'dear, I know exactly how many calories are in Thin Mints. 160 per serving with a serving being four cookies. I only ate two. Well, two Thin Mints and one Caramel Delight. So I probably had about 145 calories worth of Girl Scout Cookies. :-P~~~

I figure I'm doing pretty good. I've had them for a week and a half and I've still got more than half a box of each left. Was a time those puppies woulda been gone in a day or two. Seriously.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today