Muse Happy

The muse, she is no longer PMSing which means...I've been writing! Yay! Two scenes up on Drifters with several more waiting their turn. I love it when the muse gets it together and shares her inspiration with me. hehehehe

Too bad I couldn't have gotten a male muse. Men don't PMS. Not technically, anyway. I know a few who are moody as all heck at times. Reckon they're PMSing in some strange way?

Or are all muses female, do you think? Hmmm...Question for the universe.

Although, I know other writers (more talented than I) who claim they hear voices instead of having muses. Or have peasants. (lesser muses, I think is how JT described it once.)

Non-writers (and some writers, probably) likely think all this muse business is a bunch of hooey. But you know what? Most of the stuff creativity that comes out of this brain? Couldn't have come strictly from me. Not that I believe, necessarily, in the traditional muse. Just that there's SOMETHING beyond my own measly brain that supplies all those twisty wild plots and characters. And I can tell when that SOMETHING is missing because all creativity ceases.

Okay, seriously? I think the donuts I ate this morning have gone to my brain cause I'm feeling awfully giddy right now. LOL

And now I'm depressed. (Not really. More like dumbfounded.) Just found out that this totally weird dude I used to work with is engaged. As in, to be married. What is wrong with the universe that a totally weird dude can land a fiance and I got nuttin'? No prospects, no possibilities, no nuttin'. Did he just happen to find his matching weirdo before I found mine? Or am I seriously SO WEIRD that the other weirdos avoid me like the plague?

NOT that I necessarily WANT to find my matching weirdo. I'd settle for a date. Or a good make out session. Heck, just a wink and a smile from some fantastically hot fella might even do it for me. But I got nuttin'. The universe is so cruel.

*sigh*

It almost makes a girl want to give in and let her brother-in-law's aunt fix her up with that dude she's been bugging my sister about.

Almost.

If I didn't find the idea of being set up with some poor guy whose Sunday School teacher twisted his arm to go out with me so humiliating, I'd totally do it. But I do find it humiliating. Worse than that, I'm pretty sure the guy is perfect on paper which probably means he's nothing at ALL like I envision him. Which means we'd both probably be disappointed.

And yet...

What if by NOT letting her set us up, I'm getting in the way of something potentially wonderful.

Dangit! How'd I get from happy muse to this? I've seriously GOT to not ever eat another donut. They're dangerous to more than my waistline.

Gah!

Comments

Heather said…
*Snicker* Interesting timing with the return of your muse. You'll find out why...in about three days. *WEG*
Jana said…
Why does that scare me just a little? LOL
Heather said…
Me? Scare little ol' you? Never!

(Did you check your mail today??)
Jana said…
LOL

Yes ma'am, I did check my mail. Thanks for the book and the card. The muse smirked at the book but I think it might do her good to learn something about writing. Wonder if there's anything in there about how to make your muse nicer... ;-)
Heather said…
You're welcome, and LOL at your muse. I'm sure she'll come around. I've remembered a number of incidents I had forgotten about, just from the reading of Writing Down the Bones, and from the author appearance last week. Amazing what turn of phrase can prod your memory...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today