Pizza and Beer

Sweet misery is being full to capacity on Chicken Chimichangas and then being surprised with cheesecake.

At last break yesterday, the same co-worker who treated me to lunch had brought a cheesecake. It was one of those luscious variety sampler ones with two slices each of plain, white chocolate strawberry, turtle and fudge swirl. I was still miserable full from lunch but because it was such a sweet gesture, I went ahead and ate cheesecake. We each to a tiny portion of each slice just because none of us could decide which kind we wanted. It was all good.

But boy, was my tummy unhappy with me. I was certain I'd have to puke before Sis2 arrived with supper just in order to EAT supper. Ack! I swear. If food is love, folks love me a happy lot. LOL But, I took two Zantac, drank some water and did some straightening up around the house so that by the time they arrived with the pizza and wings, I wasn't quite so miserable.

I also took the Devil Pup on a big adventure before they got there. Sis1 had sent me a check in the mail for my birthday so I loaded the DP up and we headed over to get it cashed. My bank only has those tube shoot things in the drive through so I pulled up and got the tube thing out to put my check in. Of course she had to stick her nose in it and make sure it was secure for mommy to use. hehehe And the look on her face when I pressed the button to send the tube up. hehehe She was so funny, with that "what the hell?" look.

But she loved sticking her head out the window and scoping out the cars that had pulled up behind me. Amazingly she didn't bark at any of them. And then when they sent the tube back with a receipt for me to sign and my cash, she had to stick her nose back in. She's such a big help, being so nosey. hehehe

But anyway, supper was good. The pizza was good, the wings were okay but the company was great. Alyssa shoveled pizza in like there was no tomorrow and Goofus guzzled a six pack of Bud until there was only one left. Hard day at work, I guess. But seriously, my garbage bag felt as though it weighed 20lbs with all those empties in there. If anyone happened to go through my garbage before it gets picked up, they'd think we'd had a really big party. lol

After they left, I opened the bottle of wine they'd brought me back from the Apple Barn at Christmas and was just about to settle in to watch my Monday night line-up when the phone started ringing. First it was Sis1 and Emmy calling to wish me happy birthday and warn me that Emmy had mailed me something and she wanted me to watch for it and let her know when it came. Then bff called and fortunately I was able to record Chuck because otherwise I'd've missed it and been a little put out. hehehe We talked for about 45 minutes. Her daughter got into this big deal gifted type program and she was excited. It's really funny/ironic, too that her daughter is so gifted and driven to succeed as both of her parents were high school drop outs. Both of them are smart--not gifted smart, but smart--but neither of them had the drive to succeed in excellence like their daughter.

Thankfully those were the only two calls I got last night. I was able to watch the rest of my shows in peace.

Well, relative peace, anyway. The DP had a couple or five barking snits at the neighbors.

After yesterday, today's kind of a let down. lol All that celebrating and folks making me feel all special yesterday and today I'm just no big deal again. Bummer. lol

Comments

Heather said…
One should never say no to cheesecake. Glad you had a good birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today