Silly Puppy

I told Libby that Sis1 is coming tomorrow night.

The dog flipped out all happy and excited. LOL The only thing she loves more than food and her Mama is company, especially her aunts and grandparents.

Speaking of company, I actually had some last night. I never have folks come over so it's a huge deal. lol But my two great-aunts were killing time in town last night and decided to drop by. They'd never seen my "new" apartment before so they dropped by to see it and visit a minute. Libby was such a little nut, all happy and excited about it. She barked a bit at Aunt L because she hasn't really been around her as much. But she crawled in Aunt G's lap and tried to give her kisses. Aunt G's not as all about the puppy kisses as I am, though. LOL

They were really impressed with my "cozy" digs. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I was praying to be able to move out of those cozy digs come July. lol

Aunt L. was telling me that she and my uncle went driving around my old house at the lake earlier this week and apparently the lake had flooded the homes on the lakeside. She said that the water had gone down some by the time they went by but it was still covering the yards of those homes and you could tell that it had gone over the road at one point. Makes me really glad I wasn't living in my old house this past weekend! I lived there 7 years and it never flooded but it's rained so much this winter that the lake just couldn't handle it all, I guess. My mother had told me that the lake's campgrounds had flooded but it just never occurred to me that houses on the opposite side of the lake would get flooded, too. Yikes!

But yeah, Sis1's coming this weekend. Due to all the bad weather we had last weekend she decided to wait. Not sure what our plans are. I've got to work Saturday for a few hours so that sorta sucks. And I could have traded but I'm trying to teach Sis1 that she's not the only one with responsibilities. You know, since she's always missing important events because of something else going on in her life? Yeah. So I refuse to ask to trade Saturdays on principle. If she won't rearrange her schedule for me, I'm not gonna for her. Childish? Maybe. But I'm still in my 20's at the moment so I'm allowed. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today