Can Broken Angels Fly?
So last Thursday Sis2 and I took the girls to a paint your own pottery place in town for some painting fun. Lyssa wasn't all that into it after the first little piece. She had far too much else to explore. Emmy enjoyed it, I think. Of course, she did have the biggest piece of pottery. Sis2 and I picked from the tiny $2.50 shelves. Emmy picked from the $12.50 shelves. Fortunately she agreed to split the cost with me. Thank the Lord the kid saves her allowance. lolYesterday we go the call that our pottery was ready to pick up so Sis2 and I ran up there after I got off work and picked it up. I got mine out, a little angel I'd painted, admired it and decided it was the perfect size to make into a refrigerator magnet. Got the self adhesive magnet strips out of my craft cart, cut a small piece and tacked it onto the back of my little angel and stuck it on the fridge.
Yeah, you probably can guess what happened.
*sigh*

My perty little angel I'd worked so diligently on (in between intercepting Lyssa in her giggling run throughout the store) didn't stick to the magnet longer than two seconds, fell from the fridge and shattered into four pieces. Better than a million pieces, sure, but still not great. I was sad.
*sniffle*
Tried hot gluing it back together but apparently hot glue and pottery don't really get along all that great. Guess I'm going to have to shop around for some pottery glue and see if I can get it put back together.
I'm sure there's some symbolism in there somewhere. Broken wings, or busted halos or something. *sigh*
I decided that I wouldn't touch Emmy's, though, until she came back to get it. If I busted hers, there would be hell to pay. There's nothing worse than a kid with busted pottery.
Comments